Honored Contributor

Re: Qurate 2nd Qtr. 2022 Results

@BalletBabe wrote:

IMO  QVC is on the way out.  Prices on Clothing is ridiculous, X-Mas in Jul was the worst I have ever seen.  If S&H goes up they will lose even more,  The Hosts running around doing Ballet and won't stop talking about themseves has turned me off.  Why does Issac have a bow in his hair?  The professionalism in this company os gone.   The prices are terrible and the shipping issues have already made many leave.

The products are not quality anymore.  Nothing is new and interesting.  Hate to be the Debbie downer but Idon't see things improving but getting worse each month.

Isaac is who he is and I'm glad. He often wears bandanas or whatever. Big deal. It has nothing to do with his abilities or talents. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

IMO  QVC is on the way out.  Prices on Clothing is ridiculous, X-Mas in Jul was the worst I have ever seen.  If S&H goes up they will lose even more,  The Hosts running around doing Ballet and won't stop talking about themseves has turned me off.  Why does Issac have a bow in his hair?  The professionalism in this company os gone.   The prices are terrible and the shipping issues have already made many leave.

The products are not quality anymore.  Nothing is new and interesting.  Hate to be the Debbie downer but Idon't see things improving but getting worse each month.

people have been saying this for years now about QVC......and they are still standing. pretty much every retailer on every level is hurting.i dont see them  folding anytime soon. interestingly, they are ramping up shows online, bringing back style gurus, PLUS three new hosts.

@sunshine45 

I think that every time I read one of these posts of doom. I've been reading the same posts for over a decade and let me check...yep, still here, lol. In fact, I'm pretty sure some of the same posters from a decade ago are the some of the same ones still predicting the Q's demise. Smiley Very Happy

see you in another ten years (and every year in between) @SusieQ_2  .....we can discuss this same subject again. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I think you relish the role of Debbie Downer..and it seems some posters want Q to fail

My shopping at Q has shifted a bit to some new vendors - this makes me happy as I'm enjoying new options at Q. In my experience, quality hasn't declined. And my shopping volume here hasn't declined

I also appreciate the enhanced customer service support that has benefited me from Q Social Team and Easy Returns process. KUDO's to Q 👏🏻

And while some  Q shoppers have dropped out for a variety of reasons, others are still shopping. And many of us aren't'bothered' by the hosts or vendors as some here claim/complain. 

Your ignorant and rude comment about Isaac is a reflection of your character 👎

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

I completely agree. QVC had a good run but the best days are long past. HSN could survive if they can maintain their interesting vendors, more contemporary fashion, and free S&H on most goods. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I think you relish the role of Debbie Downer..and it seems some posters want Q to fail

My shopping at Q has shifted a bit to some new vendors - this makes me happy as I'm enjoying new options at Q. In my experience, quality hasn't declined. And my shopping volume here hasn't declined

I also appreciate the enhanced customer service support that has benefited me from Q Social Team and Easy Returns process. KUDO's to Q 👏🏻

And while some  Q shoppers have dropped out for a variety of reasons, others are still shopping. And many of us aren't'bothered' by the hosts or vendors as some here claim/complain. 

She wasn't being rude when she asked about Isaac. Can't someone state an opinion or observation without being trashed. Being judgemental on your part has done more harm than good.

Respected Contributor

posting history tells all.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

She wasn't being rude when she asked about Isaac. Can't someone state an opinion or observation without being trashed. Being judgemental on your part has done more harm than good.

@elated, of course she wasn't be rude OR ignorant for her opinion. Poster was rude AND ignorant for attacking her for her opinion. I saw Isaac with the bow tied on the top of his head, and he looked ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

That's inflation.

I've seen inflation come and go many times in my life. I'd add corporate price gouging to this as well.

However, Q has a lot more going against them. My 40 years in the corporate world tells me ...

• their business plan is pretty much the same as it was when I started watching in the 90s. Every business needs to update plans to meet changing needs of consumers.
  • they either don't want a variety of good vendors or they want to stick with just a few - both can be dangerous in today's business world 
  • they aren't reliable with shipping & returns processing
  • they show the same dozen or so products (or variations of) over and over and over
  • host antics are ridiculous and personal stories take too much time, resulting in not enough product information being shared and making some shows unwatchable
  • prices are very often higher than the same/similar items at other retailers
  • electronics are rarely current models
  • so many competitors offer free shipping and returns and handle them faster than Q  

@CalminHeart 

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many of us provide feedback and constructive criticism because we DO WANT to keep QVC around as a retail option! Now some will say QVC isnt listening but perhaps they should at least TRY some of the customer ideas....Instead they've played musical chairs with Executive spots but that didn't work ----from former Walmart  Execs to Disney Execs----Now a CEO from struggling JCP....

QVC started out with small declines 2%, 4%, 5%, 6%....but now they've reached double digits---12% and 16%....The Execs scratch their heads but many of their answers are on this Forum... Whoever thought of purchasing Zulily made a GIGANTIC mistake thinking it would draw in a younger demographic...that bombed 🙄

I bet Montgomery Wards, Mervyns, Stuarts, and Sears thought they were strong enough to ride out any retail storm but they are no more....

JCP hired a hotshot from Apple, he didnt listen and got rid of all the things that customers liked about JCP and things got even worse, he got fired and now JCP is hanging by a thread, they've closed so many stores ....Macy's is also in trouble.....

What seems to keep stores alive in the retail business these days is good prices and a good online presence, fast and reasonable shipping...and/or ability to pickup merchandise curbside or delivery.....These are the stores that will ride out the economy whether it be inflation or a recession....

What's sad QVC has a definite advantage in the ability to show and demonstrate their products and the customer is able to see the clothing on a live person....but they dont seem to take full advantage because they are more worried and focused on entertaining viewers rather than selling products...in this fast paced world customers dont want to see lengthy presentations being presented over and over and over again....or repetitive shows----almost every weekend the focus is an electronic, vacuum, bed/mattress...😴ZZZZ.....categories where sales are in particular declining....so viewers arent watching.....

If somehow Qurate survives, yes Ill be happy for them, but realistically I dont think their current solution of streaming more shows, hosts in PJ's drinking wine, and the focus on entertainment shows is the answer or gives them the hopes of a bright future....JMHO

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@elated Said poster has some pretty mean things to say about Jane Treacy and her family. Every time.