Honored Contributor

Re: Qurate 2nd Qtr. 2022 Results

They make a go of it because so many people have shopping addictions and can't control their buying. Of course there are also many who are unable to get out and shop for a variety of reasons and QVC is very helpful for those folks. 

I bought much more when I was younger and more active. Being retired I need much less. Trying to downsize.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Wow, Qurate has really ruined Zulily.  They were going like gangbusters until Qurate bought them.  They seem to have lost many of their more interesting vendors.  I bought some really nice home and decor items back in olden days from vendors that I no longer see there.  Too many cheap, poor quality clothes.

That's definitely true. Years ago, I made a few purchases on Zulily. But what I didn't like was I had to login with an email address even before I started shopping. Second, the shipping took absolutely forever. Also, returns were a nightmare.

Esteemed Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I really don't understand why the Q hired 3 new hosts when their profits are down.  Maybe they will be letting go of 1 or 2 of the hosts who are not performing well.  And why is QVC2 showing pre-recorded programming when they say they are live from 11:00 AM to Midnight.  I just don't get it.

Yup, exactly what I thought. Many times when I watch Q2 at night, it's just a vendor selling their own products. It feels very weird, because you keep really can't see the products, you don't see a model, and it's like watching it on your own laptop. I don't understand why they would hire new hosts, when they're barely using the ones they have.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if they are hiring new hosts so they can continue the two host programs.  That adds to the hijinks and craziness that they seem to be trying to accomplish.

If they spent less time on each item and trained their hosts to concentrate on the product, the hosts wouldn't have time to act like two year olds.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

I really don't understand why the Q hired 3 new hosts when their profits are down.  Maybe they will be letting go of 1 or 2 of the hosts who are not performing well.  And why is QVC2 showing pre-recorded programming when they say they are live from 11:00 AM to Midnight.  I just don't get it.

Yup, exactly what I thought. Many times when I watch Q2 at night, it's just a vendor selling their own products. It feels very weird, because you keep really can't see the products, you don't see a model, and it's like watching it on your own laptop. I don't understand why they would hire new hosts, when they're barely using the ones they have.

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 @stellabystarlight @Patriot3 

Whats happening is QVC is expanding their streaming programming.  Just like David had a Halloween Show that was streamed so its just not QVC and QVC 2 where shows are shown now...

Capture.PNG

Stream QVC+ and HSN+ for free and dive into the total shopping experience. It's the live shows you know and love from QVC® and HSN®, plus exclusive shows and events, plus new and returning favorites (including people, brands, and experiences), plus deals that can't be beat.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 @stellabystarlight @Patriot3 

Whats happening is QVC is expanding their streaming programming.  Just like David had a Halloween Show that was streamed so its just not QVC and QVC 2 where shows are shown now...

Capture.PNG

Stream QVC+ and HSN+ for free and dive into the total shopping experience. It's the live shows you know and love from QVC® and HSN®, plus exclusive shows and events, plus new and returning favorites (including people, brands, and experiences), plus deals that can't be beat.

Okay, but I don't care for that 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

IMO  QVC is on the way out.  Prices on Clothing is ridiculous, X-Mas in Jul was the worst I have ever seen.  If S&H goes up they will lose even more,  The Hosts running around doing Ballet and won't stop talking about themseves has turned me off.  Why does Issac have a bow in his hair?  The professionalism in this company os gone.   The prices are terrible and the shipping issues have already made many leave.

The products are not quality anymore.  Nothing is new and interesting.  Hate to be the Debbie downer but Idon't see things improving but getting worse each month.

people have been saying this for years now about QVC......and they are still standing. pretty much every retailer on every level is hurting.i dont see them  folding anytime soon. interestingly, they are ramping up shows online, bringing back style gurus, PLUS three new hosts.

@sunshine45 

I think that every time I read one of these posts of doom. I've been reading the same posts for over a decade and let me check...yep, still here, lol. In fact, I'm pretty sure some of the same posters from a decade ago are the some of the same ones still predicting the Q's demise. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

It looks like they're in for a rough time.  Unfortunately, Shawn will have to save more than Christmas.  Smiley Sad

@ValuSkr    It's scary to think the future of this large international corporation may depend on the likes of Shawn to save them.  They may be in BIG TROUBLE!

Shawn bashers out in full force again Lmbo. I wouldn't mind as much ... If turnabout was fair play on here, HaHa, but never is. Don't you dare criticize certain put on a pedestal hosts on here, same old song and dance (Courtney often being one). 

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

That's inflation.

I've seen inflation come and go many times in my life. I'd add corporate price gouging to this as well.

However, Q has a lot more going against them. My 40 years in the corporate world tells me ...

• their business plan is pretty much the same as it was when I started watching in the 90s. Every business needs to update plans to meet changing needs of consumers.
  • they either don't want a variety of good vendors or they want to stick with just a few - both can be dangerous in today's business world 
  • they aren't reliable with shipping & returns processing
  • they show the same dozen or so products (or variations of) over and over and over
  • host antics are ridiculous and personal stories take too much time, resulting in not enough product information being shared and making some shows unwatchable
  • prices are very often higher than the same/similar items at other retailers
  • electronics are rarely current models
  • so many competitors offer free shipping and returns and handle them faster than Q  
Honored Contributor

@DooneyGal2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

It looks like they're in for a rough time.  Unfortunately, Shawn will have to save more than Christmas.  Smiley Sad

@ValuSkr    It's scary to think the future of this large international corporation may depend on the likes of Shawn to save them.  They may be in BIG TROUBLE!

Shawn bashers out in full force again Lmbo. I wouldn't mind as much ... If turnabout was fair play on here, HaHa, but never is. Don't you dare criticize certain put on a pedestal hosts on here, same old song and dance (Courtney often being one). 

@DooneyGal2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Poor Shawn.  Sorry, but she can cry me a river. So can other hosts who get criticized. I don't wish bad for any host but some bring it on themselves or are just unwatchable.