Valued Contributor

Re: Question re: Luminara claim on LR chat

[ Edited ]

I too heard Lisa put down Luminara candles and I was shocked by it! I've never had any issues whatsoever with my timers but it was definitely a clever way for Lisa to bring up the product that SHE'S going to be selling. I've noticed since leaving the Q, LR will make subtle jabs at Q and their products every chance she gets. It's disheartening she has to stoop at that level.

The Luminara timer issue was merely to get her tribe to no longer purchase from Q and wait for hers to come out. I find it oddly coincidental she mentions this Luminara candles thing just a day after Q had them on for their TSV. But remember LR wants us to believe she hasn't watched since she left. LOL. Sure it may be true she hasn't "watched" a full show on Q since her departure but she certainly does Q checks. So she skates around the truth. 

And since doing so, now half of her tribe claim they no longer watch Q either. Lisa definitely has a way with them.

Regarding her attire for Sunday nights chat... I too thought it was such an odd choice when you're in your own home. Why show the girls like that?? 

Honored Contributor

@willomenia  So true about LR. I've posted before, but will repeat it, she is not an icon, celebrity stylist, award winning fashionista, etc. She's a former host on Q whose GILI line is either still designed by her or someone else (same ROMA bags, obj belts that she sold when a host).....So she has an FB page, like billions of others and is trying to earn some bucks selling "stuff" on her page. Big deal! She has a cult following here & I'm shocked the mods don't delete these posts.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had any problems with Luminara timers, but friends I know that use a remote instead are complaining about the battery life getting shorter and shorter......not sure if it's the batteries or Luminara.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I don't use the timer feature on my Luminara candles as I prefer to use my remote.  That said though, I have a major problem with all of my remote capable Luminara coming on whenever they want to because they have to be in the "on" mode for the remote to work.

I don't like someone trashing a good brand to make a market for their brand, but why should LR be any different that the Luminara rep who presents here on QVC who made a point in the Christmas decorating season to trash all the specific significant features of the Candle Impressions candles in her sales pitch for the luminara?  I haven't watched her presenations since.

@Buck-i-Nana

I saw that too and thought it was a smug and nasty move for the Luminara rep to diss CI and the Mirage brand......never liked the vendor after that either.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My sister uses Liown (which she purchased from a Home Accessory store that sells high end decor items.  Liown has the moving flame (its also sold on Amazon) it's a little cheaper and it's wierd because Luminara remotes work with these candles....it seems Luminara and Liown were engagd in a  patent battle. I'm wondering if this is the brand LR will be bringing to her website..... I guess we will see......but I dont approve of LR calling out and knocking  the company.  She should have said she found a new and improved flameless candle and left it at that...

Here's the scoop and QVC was named in the suit......but it appears it may have been settled....

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/luminara-and-liown-reach-settlement-in-state-court-case-3002...

http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2016/06/20/CG28708

Luminara and Liown have been fighting for years.  A couple weeks ago, Liown upped the stakes by now suing QVC, Inc., Darice, Inc., Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc., Williams-Sonoma Stores, Inc., Costco Wholesale Corporation, PC, Treasures, Inc., One Kings Lane, Inc., and Brookstone Stores, Inc. as well.

According to a the Star Tribune, a Minnesota newspaper, Candella acquired the rights to produce artificial candles (with flickering artificial flames) back in the 2008.  In 2010, Candella began negotiating with Liown Electronics to manufacture the candles in China, and the two parties signed an agreement in March 2010.  Reportedly, the agreement gave Liown the right to distribute and sell the product in China.  Candella later merged with Luminara.

All the candlelit romance couldn't last, and Candella soon split with Liown.  Liown kept right on manufacturing and a couple years later filed for patents on a flameless candle.

http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/387040/Patent/Luminara+and+Liown+Burn+Down+the+House+A+Customer...

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

Sorry but I just looked too and why does she act so cutsie and silly? And the ipad thing, what's that all about? 

I will say one thing, one of those trees she stood near in the Netherlands was the most gorgeously decorated tree I've ever seen.  Next trip up to the Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge, think I'll buy a ton of whatever those are and try in one of my trees. 

@Suziepeach....awwww, suga....you just can't help yourself.  You had to go peek, lol, rotf, brahahahaha.  I lubs ya anyway.

Honored Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

I too heard Lisa put down Luminara candles and I was shocked by it! I've never had any issues whatsoever with my timers but it was definitely a clever way for Lisa to bring up the product that SHE'S going to be selling. I've noticed since leaving the Q, LR will make subtle jabs at Q and their products every chance she gets. It's disheartening she has to stoop at that level.

The Luminara timer issue was merely to get her tribe to no longer purchase from Q and wait for hers to come out. I find it oddly coincidental she mentions this Luminara candles thing just a day after Q had them on for their TSV. But remember LR wants us to believe she hasn't watched since she left. LOL. Sure it may be true she hasn't "watched" a full show on Q since her departure but she certainly does Q checks. So she skates around the truth. 

And since doing so, now half of her tribe claim they no longer watch Q either. Lisa definitely has a way with them.

Regarding her attire for Sunday nights chat... I too thought it was such an odd choice when you're in your own home. Why show the girls like that?? 

I would think it's fair to say that most women (98% of LR's market) have no interest in other women's girls. Why would you care about someone else's presentation or appearance of same?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I have a few luminara candles and the timers are not working on a couple of them.  I don't see the big deal about this.  And, this is not the first time that Lisa's luminara candle has gone out.  It's been that way for awhile.  It happens.  Why make something out of nothing?

GEEZ! 

Honored Contributor

@shell garden, of course I looked. I can't participate in a conversation unless I look and can remark back.. even if it is LR's facebook.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee