Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question re Canceling Order New System?

I do t find cs helpful at all with help in canceling if I can't.  I just tried to cancel an item that just went I to process less than 24 hours after it told me I could not because it was ready to ship.  As a matter if fact this has been happening many times it seems in the last few months.  I try to cancel after thinking about it for a few hours and no way can I cancel .  Then it sits there for 3 or 4 days !  So why couldn't it be canceled ,  that's what I would like to know?!  I feel the policy on this needs to be looked into !!!!

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

THis is absolutely NEW NEW NEW.  Never before were they so strict.  It's an I GOT YOU mentality, hoping you won't send it back.    HSN gives you until midnight and then locks the order,  even if you order at 11:59PM.

This is brand new for QVC.   It's ridiculous and I resent it,  AND,  I will show them by ordering LESS.

This isn't that new because I have been complaining about it for many months now.  It didn't used to be this way.  Bottom line, except for a few items I know, I'll just buy locally now.  

I do NOT try something from QVC now.  Unless I KNOW the product, the brand, the color, etc.  I just don't buy.  Because of that I don't watch either. 

Honored Contributor

I have found it difficult to impossible to cancel orders for some time now.  Maybe some items are shipped directly from the vendor.  Most of the time when I couldn't cancel, CS could not help me either.  I don't order clothing any more except for Linea.  $10. to try something on is too much.  I have to be more careful on make-up too.  Especially from the QVC beauty channel--all the hosts and models are so young that, of course, the make-up looks good.  Not necessarily good on a senior citizen!  Sephora and Nordstrom have free returns and I can easily return to Macy's or Ulta.  Can't be tempted any more.

Valued Contributor

I quite simply think that QVC like many retailers only makes decisions based on a financial basis. So you take the situation where some budget wonk and not a shopper sees that many orders are canceled somewhat shortly after original purchase. They then get the great idea that the best money maker is to lock the customers into the purchases as soon as possible. But instead of the object of making larger profits they end up alienating customers and losing sales.

Which doesn't surprise me at all. 

Honored Contributor

well Q just got me! I was putting something on my wish list and got sidetracked - came back and wasn't paying attention I ordered! Within 5 minutes of I realized my error - tried to cancel & got the message "sorry order in process" order cannot be cancelled😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

I know this is BS but what the heck - it was a $15 order so I'll just suck it up!!!! 

Honored Contributor

Don't order from Evine unless you are absolutely sure you want that item, it takes there system minutes to start processing your order. I don't know whats up with the Q and orders, sometime I am able to cancel up to 24 hours after I order and sometime not. I agree usually CS cannot help you cancel an order. I order too much anyway and am not thrilled with the stuff and end up returning it. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

well Q just got me! I was putting something on my wish list and got sidetracked - came back and wasn't paying attention I ordered! Within 5 minutes of I realized my error - tried to cancel & got the message "sorry order in process" order cannot be cancelled😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

I know this is BS but what the heck - it was a $15 order so I'll just suck it up!!!! 

@homedecor1  Look at as $15 paid for a valuable lesson!  OK, that's the bright side. . . 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

absolutely!!!! My fault but lesson surely learned!

I realize Q (and other retailers) count on the order & cancelling I'm sure has a "financial" impact on the bottom line.  

Honored Contributor

UPDATE:

I had a email this morning was order was "cancelled" - maybe it was one of Q's computer glitches!  Either way I'm glad....