Regular Contributor

Question on how to have what I type automatically appear after each of my posts?

If the above doesn't make sense, I will try again, but below is what I always type (nearly always) at the end of my responses.

"You never know when the last time is the last time."

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Respected Contributor

Re: Question on how to have what I type automatically appear after each of my posts?

Do you mean like your signature line?  If so, it is somewhere in your preferences.  Go to your account, then settings or preferences and it is somewhere in there.  I think.

Valued Contributor

Re: Question on how to have what I type automatically appear after each of my posts?

Go to your settings.  Under Personal Profile, go to Personal Information.  The third box down under first and last name says signature.  Just type the text you want in that box and the click save.  Type <em> before your text if you want it to be in italics.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

As mentioned by @Winkk and @SHIRAZ, you can add it as your "signature."

Keep in mind, however, that we also have the option to set our preferences to uncheck "View signatures in posts."  This means some posters won't see your siggy unless you manually add it to each post.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ringer2, I think it was last week that the Admin Team explained the use of the Macro feature if you have a number of phrases that you like to alternate, other than your signature line:

"Adding a signature tag

Go to My Settings and click Preferences> then Personal Profile> then Personal Information> enter signature in box. To Not view all signatures to go Preferences> uncheck the box that says View Signatures in post.

What Is A Macro?

A Macro is a response that you set up in your account for easy access in a post. For instance, if your favorite response is, “Have an awesome day!” it will appear in a dropdown to insert easily in your post. You can set up many phrases by going to My Settings and click on Macros. Insert a title such as “greeting” and fill out the box/boxes and scroll down and SAVE."

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In