Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about Super Saturday

I really try to support the event but I couldn't find a thing to buy so I will send a donation. 

Super Contributor

The thing that caught my attention was the disclaimer they ran stating that all items were donated, yet only 80% of the proceeds went to the fundraiser. I know the Q is in business to make money, but giving all of the proceeds from only 40 items wouldn't have made a dent in the income for the day considering most shoppers were buying other items from the website during the show, a show that took up only a small portion of the day. 

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@TY wrote:

No kidding -- how much did it cost QVC in sales not to have enough inventory or vendors to fill a two hour Super Saturday show? It must have cost a lot of money to send 2 hosts and a production team to broadcast in Santa Monica for what was supposed to be a two hour show.

Lisa Rinna also wouldn't be my first choice to speak to other celebrities as she has no rapport with them. She's brittle and short tempered with them and a poor interviewer. The color of her jumpsuit was nice (teal blue) but way too low cut for an afternoon charity event.

@TY  I don't know that I would agree with this point.  I would think QVC made more money on products they were charging full price for, once it got back to regular programming after cutitng the show short.

Pearley, QVC's programming after they cut Super Saturday short was selling laptop computers but I can't imagine that people who wanted to watch Super Saturday would stick around to watch a windows laptop presentation. I closed off the ipad app and tuned out and went shopping at a bricks and mortar mall.

@TY  Well, it didn't have to be the same audience.  I would think QVC made more from whoever was buying the computers and was tuned in to that than on the Super Saturday products.

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

Rinna and Melissa Rivers got a little  inappropriate for this charity event when they were lounging(literally) on the teal carpet.  I enjoy some risque ,bawdy talk amongst friends. This was on tv for a charity fundraiser. ...not the right venue.  

Yes they are both potty mouths... just like Joan Rivers was.  I suppose they think it is humorous.... NOT

Esteemed Contributor

@JackieHN wrote:

I was very disappointed with the show. the clothes donated were terrible. Bought the complexion pads from Peter Roth and that was it. To those venders who make a mint on QVC and didn't donate, shame on you. 

PTR is always very generous with charity events, @JackieHN. It's just a shame the Q ran out of product for such a worthy event.

Regular Contributor

I agree.  I would of liked to purchase an item for charity but couldnot find anything I liked. I think the reason they aold out of everything early, was because the items were selling online for 2 weeks prior to the event. As soon as Lisa R showed up I turned it off. I refuse to watch her and her rude comments.

Honored Contributor

@Ane1Care wrote:

The thing that caught my attention was the disclaimer they ran stating that all items were donated, yet only 80% of the proceeds went to the fundraiser. I know the Q is in business to make money, but giving all of the proceeds from only 40 items wouldn't have made a dent in the income for the day considering most shoppers were buying other items from the website during the show, a show that took up only a small portion of the day. 

Just to be clear, it was 80% of the purchase price, not the proceeds, that was donated.

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

I really try to support the event but I couldn't find a thing to buy so I will send a donation. 

I have never watched, was it better when Lisa hosted it?  I do remember it being a big deal when she was there.  Just asking.  This is not intended to start Lisa bashing.