Valued Contributor

Question about As is items and waitlist

[ Edited ]

The As is items appear to be returns items or perhaps ones that are not in the original packaging.  Still they could be a bargain because some of the clothes are very high in price right now. 

But I thought waitlist items were most likely returns as well.  Or are they just more of a fresh new item from the manufacturer?  What is the difference between the item you get in an as is item or a waitlist item?

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about As is items and waitlist

• As is items could be a return.
  • Waitlist is where there is new inventory on the way from the vendor.  Doesn't mean it couldn't end up to be a return also.  I haven't experienced that, but some on the board write that they have.
Frequent Contributor

Some waitlist items can be the result of people who change their minds before item is processed and it is returned to inventory.  On waitlist you are in a que....if its your turn in the que the item becomes yours.

Also, I believe waitlisted items can also be released if a customer chooses to pay by check and does not send the check in the specified time. 

I rarely waitlist items but when I do, if I do not receive item in two weeks time I go in and cancel.  I feel that gives sufficient time to get the item for me.

Keep in mind also, that a waitlisted item that is on clearance has less of a chance to be obtained since there is no reorder.

Valued Contributor

I guess my question is that if any item is a returned item by a customer why isn't it returned to stock and sold as an As is item? 

Honored Contributor

@toria  A waitlist item is an item not in stock but  should QVC  be able to obtain more merchandise it will be sent out to you.  Supposed to be new merchandise since you are paying full price for it.

An 'as is' item is a customer return, vendor sample, on air display and the like.  If you go to the 'as is' section it will explain everything.  HTH

Honored Contributor

I know many people claim to have received used items when on waitlists.  I often wait list things, usually clothing, and have never received anything that was in less than pristine condition.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

"Waitlist" for clothing ..... from my 10 years of experience, since it takes one year some times to restock ... I doubt very much that you will receive something that has NOT been returned. (If you get an item within two weeks, that is probably due to someone that had an item in their cart and then never "Submitted their order."