Honored Contributor

Question About July 4th TSV and July 1st TSV - 2023

Hasn't it been a tradition to have TSV July 4 that is made in America? 

When I first came to QVC Carolyn Pollack always had it. I even ordered it one year when we were away for our nephew's destination wedding, with very spotty reception. Hey - priorities, right? LOL! Good memories.

Anyway, lately at least she has had the Big Deal. Maybe they'll do that again. I hope so! 

The July 4 TSV is Vionic. I'm not sure, but I don't think they're made in America.

Valerie is on July 1. We just had Christmas in June today. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of Valerie, which makes me happy, but why July 1? Will that be another Christmas show day? I wonder why she didn't have the TSV today. 

I don't have a problem with the programming. I'm just curious, and I wonder what you all think. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question About July 4th TSV and July 1st TSV - 2023

I remember when all Patriotic holidays had Black Hills Gold shows and TSVs.    

Shows how too few products are made in the USA.   sad

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom   6/25 was being touted as the PREVIEW to CIJ.  (didn't stop me from shopping thought did it. Smiley Happy )!

Even though there will be Christmas shopping shows throughout this week on various QVC chanels ,    CIJ DAY is on JULY 1st. 

It would be nice if July 4th TSV is a  Made in America item. If it IS they should really let people know.  American Made doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Valued Contributor

The thing that bothers me is when I see a clothing item with a flag pattern on it that's not made here. Hypocrisy. This is just wrong. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think for one holiday a year they could find a product for a TSV that's made in the USA......

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Hasn't it been a tradition to have TSV July 4 that is made in America? 

When I first came to QVC Carolyn Pollack always had it. I even ordered it one year when we were away for our nephew's destination wedding, with very spotty reception. Hey - priorities, right? LOL! Good memories.

Anyway, lately at least she has had the Big Deal. Maybe they'll do that again. I hope so! 

The July 4 TSV is Vionic. I'm not sure, but I don't think they're made in America.

Valerie is on July 1. We just had Christmas in June today. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of Valerie, which makes me happy, but why July 1? Will that be another Christmas show day? I wonder why she didn't have the TSV today. 

I don't have a problem with the programming. I'm just curious, and I wonder what you all think. Smiley Happy

@beach-mom I don't think Vionic shoes are made in America either. Years ago it was Black Hills Gold and more recent years Carolyn Pollack that had the TSV. Times change for sure. I am looking forward to Valerie TSV on 7/1 too Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom - It appears that Carolyn Pollack / American West Jewelry will have a Big Deal on July 4; there is a one-hour show right after the Vionic TSV kickoff, the daily "Today's Top Deals" show is listed as featuring AWJ, and there is a two-hour AWJ show later in the day on the 4th as well. I'm looking forward to all of it!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom   July 1, is the official beginning of CIJ, so that's why Valerie wasn't on Sunday.  I didn't watch but usually the June shows are clearance of last year's unsold junk so no VPH.

Since Carolyn's jewelry is now going to be manufactured somewhere else (haven't heard where but can guess), can she legitimately claim it to be American made?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

It is against the United States Flag Code for the flag to be used on clothing.  

It bothers me when people fly the flag at night without it being illuminated.   

Honored Contributor

What I remember on the national holidays is Black Hills Gold and Peterboro baskets. That's a long time ago.