Contributor

Quacker Factory jeans reject

Took 3 pair of QF dream jeans that didn't fit and too late to return to my fav consignment shop today.  They rejected them due to the sequined heart on the small pocket and sequine embellishment at ankle saying these do not resell well.  WHAT!  Gosh, don't want to take these new never worn jeans to Goodwill.  Maybe donate to a woman's charity.  

Regular Contributor

Re: Quacker Factory jeans reject

Check for a local woman's shelter. Most are grateful for new, unworn clothing.  After losing weight, one consignment shop wouldn't take Q "designer" clothing and they were in excellent condition.  

Esteemed Contributor

I read on here a consignment or donation station refused Susan Graver items because they had so much of it.......and not in demand.

Honored Contributor

Most consignment shops will not take any clothing or handbags that they know was purchased on QVC, HSN or  any other shopping channel.  They know that they will get stuck with it them. They do not sell well on the secondary market.

Those shopping channel brands seem to do okay on E-bay or you could donate to a charity organization.

Respected Contributor

I have always wondered if that is why all the Dooney bags

on QVC are lined in red .. so re-sale will know where they

came from .....just curious ....

Regular Contributor

I agree with either trying to sell on Ebay (but the shipping might be a hassle) or just donating them to a homeless or women's shelter.

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

I have always wondered if that is why all the Dooney bags

on QVC are lined in red .. so re-sale will know where they

came from .....just curious ...

A lot of Dooney bags are lined in red.  I have several and they did not come from QVC.  I have been collecting them since the 80's and still have my vintage bags. Some aren't lined at all.

Some are lined in a gray nubby fabric and I have a couple with a stripe lining.  

Most of the Dooney bags I see on QVC can be found elsewhere.  Maybe they make unique bags for QVC, I can't say for sure if they do or not.

Honored Contributor

@Seesaw wrote:

Took 3 pair of QF dream jeans that didn't fit and too late to return to my fav consignment shop today.  They rejected them due to the sequined heart on the small pocket and sequine embellishment at ankle saying these do not resell well.  WHAT!  Gosh, don't want to take these new never worn jeans to Goodwill.  Maybe donate to a woman's charity.  

why would they take inventory that they know won't sell to their customer.

sell them yourself on a resell site 

Esteemed Contributor

There was a popular tv show for several years about a pawn shop in Vegas. It had the "old man", his son Rick and his grandson working there .I'm going blank on the name of the show but anyway I remember one show where someone brought in a D&B purse thinking they'd offer something for it. They turned it down saying they only took "name" bags.

Super Contributor

I have a Dooney bag...it is not lined in red.