Honored Contributor

Re: QVC2 no longer broadcasting in standard definition ... not happy

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi. It's neither, it's when you cut the cord and use an antenna.  On an earlier. thread several people complained that Q2 had been pulled off the air.

@Kachina624   Aha!    I can't get antenna TV where I live.    I'm in a gulch between two mountains that block the signals.....      

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi. We have perfect antenna conditions.  The transmitters are 14. miles across the valley on a 10,300ft mountain with no impediments between.   I'm up on a mesa above the city.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi. We have perfect antenna conditions.  The transmitters are 14. miles across the valley on a 10,300ft mountain with no impediments between.   I'm up on a mesa above the city.

@Kachina624    Most of PHX is pretty flat and gets regular TV.    I'm on the East side.....the "old" part of town (which includes the Mountain Preserve).    Then, there's our HOA......won't allow anything on the roofs.........that even includes evaporative coolers, TV and "ham" antennas.   They finally broke down a couple years ago, and decided satellite dishes would be OK.      

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

i don't think it is your Verizon box,it is probably your tv that is not high def.  and  there is no need  for you to upgrade

Just try using 653,the high def. chanel (6 in front instead of 1 ) and you should get it.  (Q2)

Hope that helps

example:  my Verizon  Q2 chanel is normally 153 so I do 653 now and get Q2  My QVC chanel is 150, so then try 650 and you will get it  Hope I explained it ok...I'm not good at explaning....lol  Same with Q3,just put in a  6 first...lol

My boxes are as old as I am.....lol High Def was not even invented then.....lol

@MalteseMomma   I discovered the exact same thing!  When I realized that Q2 was no longer on chanel 153 I decided to give #653 a try and there it was better than ever!

You must be in my area.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  Most people are using interior antennas.  Mine look like a 1/4 sheet of poster board with a cord you screw into the back of the TV.  You stick it up on the wall and tune in your channels.  I also use a Fire Stick and can get QVC, Q2, HSN and HSN2, in addition to Amazon (Prime) Video, Netflix and others.  I also subscribe to Sling and stream some TV shows there.  I don't want for entertainment and. save $$$ over what I paid for Direct TV.  Get about 50 channels on the antenna including all local channels, PBS, and a weather channel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I honestly don't think I could figure out how make all those TV/computer connections.    I would probably have to get an upgraded,  faster internet service........   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

My cable system only carried QVC and HSN in HD but QVC2 HSN2 Shop HQ and Jewelry Television are still in SD. I have made many calls but they dont seem to care.  I dont think these stations are rated high enough in my area to justify carrying them in HD.  I have found a "work around " sokution. I get the QVC app on Firestick and can stream QVC2 in HD there.