Super Contributor
I was watching QVC two last night and it was a MAC show with Sean and I went to order a product that was on the air and the price was different. So I called to order it on the phone and the rep said it was an expired price. How can Qvc show some thing on TV and have the wrong price on there they shouldn’t be showing expired prices in my opinion. It’s very confusing.
Super Contributor

Some of the shows are QVC2 are "previously recorded" & the price changed since then. They do have that posted on the screen.

Honored Contributor

@Bellini13    We've already been through this once this week in another post.  QVC has a disclaimer on the screen advising that prices may have changed.  If you're interested in the product it would then be wise to check its current price online.  You are also advised of the price as part if the checkout process.  Not confusing at all when you know price may have changed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I would like to see a large diagonal banner through the info box on the left to ALERT people that the price has changed.  I realize that the price change information is placed on the screen, but not in an obvious way.  Clever marketing on QVC's part to bring in sales from shoppers who assume the price is the same.

Honored Contributor

i almost understand why someone brand new to QVC could click themselves into confusion, but I do not really understand why any of us who are oviously frequently on these Forums is confused. 

Irritated at themselves for missing a lower price I get somewhat, but that's true with any retailer that runs sales.  Prices change. 

Trusted Contributor

70 Common Sense Quotes and Words of Wisdom (2022)

Respected Contributor

It's the job of the seller to present an item for sale and its current price. Plain and simple. 

Honored Contributor

I can definitely understand the confusion if you don't know the difference between the two channels and it's come up before so definitely not a unique misunderstanding. Are all their shows prerecorded? I've never watched. One QVC is enough. 

Respected Contributor

I am not confused at all, I just think it is a poor business decision to air a show with prices that have expired.

Not all of us can watch QVC 247, so if I see something aired that was shown just a few hours before, it does not encourage me to buy anything, when I see there is a significant price change.

Not every show/product changes their prices.  I was interested in the MAC makeup too, and I will never try it now. 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

It's the job of the seller to present an item for sale and its current price. Plain and simple. 

It's no different than watching a rerun of a tv show or grocery ad or retailer's ad. When a show is taped, there will be a difference in price. Common sense.