Esteemed Contributor

QVC, your pricing is nuts. shoes here $109...quick search found same for $65?

[ Edited ]

These are a new pair of shoes--new today, in fact. 

http://www.qvc.com/Franco-Sarto-Leather-Block-Heel-Sandals---Madrid.product.A290977.html?sc=PRODFEED

I googled and found them at a site that begins with A for less than 1/2 that price. I know it costs $$ to run a 24-hr. tv show, but you're ever-increasingly uncompetive, especially with your non-house brands. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC, your pricing is nuts. shoes here $109...quick search found same for $65?

I totally agree with you.  I used to order quite a bit from QVC because of their good prices and quality.  I dont order much anymore and when I do I price compare with other sites before ordering from the Q.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC, your pricing is nuts. shoes here $109...quick search found same for $65?

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I totally agree with you.  I used to order quite a bit from QVC because of their good prices and quality.  I dont order much anymore and when I do I price compare with other sites before ordering from the Q.

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I agree.  I just paid off my Q card and will be ordering very little if anything from now   on. So glad I came to my senses!

Trusted Contributor

But we are supposed to remember those $100 shoes are only $20 per month plus s&h and tax divided by 5 months.    It seems there are more 5 month easy pays lately.  

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

These are a new pair of shoes--new today, in fact. 

http://www.qvc.com/Franco-Sarto-Leather-Block-Heel-Sandals---Madrid.product.A290977.html?sc=PRODFEED

I googled and found them at a site that begins with A for less than 1/2 that price. I know it costs $$ to run a 24-hr. tv show, but you're ever-increasingly uncompetive, especially with your non-house brands. 

I do not purchase clothes or shoes from Q but I do purchase some philosphy products that I cannot find locally.  Once in a while a ring if it's a good price.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It appears that these shoes on Amazon range in price going up to $128.00 depending on what size and color you want.  Regardless of the color, my size 7.5 was considerably cheaper, with the most expensive being the bone color at $86.00.

Both Zappos and another place have these for a little over $76.00 but I'm not sure what colors and sizes they have.

And look at Q's s/h on them as well.  Ridiculous.     

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

But we are supposed to remember those $100 shoes are only $20 per month plus s&h and tax divided by 5 months.    It seems there are more 5 month easy pays lately.  

Don't forget all the colors

Valued Contributor

I think QVC really believes their values are all linked with easy pay. You still pay the high price, but put everything on easy pay and what a deal!! You can be in debt for months and months plus pay high interest. I don't buy shoes here any more because I can almost always find them for less elsewhere with free shipping and returns. There are occassionally good deals to be found here but they are few and far between, and usually a one time only thing.

Honored Contributor

Whatever it is you want to buy, if it's something significant to you in price, you've got to shop more than one company.

I buy a whole series of Perricone products -  and right now they are all coming from QVC.  Why?  Because compared to the cost of the items I use all the time, if I bought them from Amazon, I'd have to spend hundreds and hundreds more than I do woith QVC.  But I check every time a new AD shipment will soon appear -  I have yet to see any reason not to stay with QVC on my choices.

I don't know of any one company that has the best price for everything I want.  Would that make shopping easy or would it limit what there would be to buy because there'd be no competition?

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I always compare with other sites/stores now.  Ordering less and less.  The only kitchen items I order are those that are not sold elsewhere.  Some cosmetic items are a good value.  One recent Philosophy item included the brush, but I bought it for less at a dept. store as I didn't really need another brush.  Also, if I wanted to return it (which I don't) it wouldn't cost me anything.   I'm hating to pay the cost of shipping and returns from QVC.