Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC, your pricing is nuts. shoes here $109...quick search found same for $65?

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

You really have to shop around. Sometimes you CAN find them cheaper, but they may not have your size or in the color you want.

I bought some Lamo boots here that were the TSV, and the price was competitive and they had more colors. I was looking for red flats and the pair of Aerosoles on here were $20 more than Amazon....so I got them on Amazon....

@Nataliesgramma

I'll admit once in a blue moon you DO find a good deal on QVC......my Tracfone and my Shark vacuum beat the competitors ....  and at that time the vacuum even had free shipping Woman Very Happy  And I have found good deals on AS IS items too..........It does pay to comparison shop........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC, your pricing is nuts. shoes here $109...quick search found same for $65?

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 wrote:

@tdog   I agree with you.  They think everyone wants ezpay....   I personally don't need it and never use it, and would rather have better pricing and reduced s&h.  I'm down to purchasing very little.  Mostly cosmetic/skin care sets that have exceptional value.   They forget that the internet makes it a DIFFERENT WORLD when it comes to selling.  They are no longer the only game in town when it comes to convenience, and VALUE (although they rarely provide value pricing any longer).  Someone should remind them!

@nyc1

That drives me crazy about the QVC "cheerleaders"......they cite that QVC is such a convenience and they can't shop at local stores for various reasons (live in a rural area, are homebound, are a caregiver etc etc etc...) which are all certainly valid legit reasons, BUT QVC IS NOT THE ONLY ONLINE RETAILER (or even the only one they can call by phone to order)!!!  There are so many options these days!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@cosmic1 wrote:

I do agree that their shoe prices seem to be very high and better prices can be found just by doing some googling, although not always.  I take an 11 Wide and forget about finding that size in any brick & mortar store.  Online sites have slim pickings for that size, so if I really want something, I often have no choice but to buy from QVC. 

In general, I think QVC looks like Fingerhut, where they lock you into debt with payment plans that have low payments, but the ultimate price is very high.  They appeal to the lower income folks who cannot afford to pay the whole cost up front, but are okay with paying month after month.  If you are watching your budget, you really need to watch the easy pays as they can easily add up to a high monthly payment.

@cosmic1I have referred to the Q as the Fingerhut of home shopping for years, I rarely buy from here anymore for that very reason.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I agree just about every shoe they have is over $100.  I go other places to get lower prices and free shipping and returns. 

Trusted Contributor

I think the Q gets most of their business from people who are forced to buy with easy payments.  That's why they push their Q card so hard.  Have you seen the interest they charge on that thing?  I noticed it today when they popped up information about it on TV.  I would never agree to have a card with interest that high!  I bet they make a mint in interest off their card alone!  As far as easy pay goes, there is no way I would purchase clothing/shoes on easy pay!  Then you add the excessive shipping they charge, and they are really making money.

Trusted Contributor

You cannot get shoes for 50.00 anymore,maybe tennis shoes.I do buy ryka shoes,but wait for sales.Prices are horrible.

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

I think the Q gets most of their business from people who are forced to buy with easy payments.  That's why they push their Q card so hard.  Have you seen the interest they charge on that thing?  I noticed it today when they popped up information about it on TV.  I would never agree to have a card with interest that high!  I bet they make a mint in interest off their card alone!  As far as easy pay goes, there is no way I would purchase clothing/shoes on easy pay!  Then you add the excessive shipping they charge, and they are really making money.

I know the interest is high but I don't pay interest.  I pay my card off every single month.  However, since there really is no benefit to having the card, outside of the fact that you can always put things on 3 easy payments, I'm closing the card.  At least I earn cash back on my Discover card.