Honored Contributor

Re: QVC, your pricing is nuts. shoes here $109...quick search found same for $65?

I only buy stuff here than's not sold elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC, your pricing is nuts. shoes here $109...quick search found same for $65?

You really have to shop around. Sometimes you CAN find them cheaper, but they may not have your size or in the color you want.

I bought some Lamo boots here that were the TSV, and the price was competitive and they had more colors. I was looking for red flats and the pair of Aerosoles on here were $20 more than Amazon....so I got them on Amazon....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tdog   I agree with you.  They think everyone wants ezpay....   I personally don't need it and never use it, and would rather have better pricing and reduced s&h.  I'm down to purchasing very little.  Mostly cosmetic/skin care sets that have exceptional value.   They forget that the internet makes it a DIFFERENT WORLD when it comes to selling.  They are no longer the only game in town when it comes to convenience, and VALUE (although they rarely provide value pricing any longer).  Someone should remind them!

Honored Contributor

This happens with a lot of things Q sells....Clarks, computers, mattresses, electronics, and more.  Plus, almost all electronics are older versions that should cost less anyway but don't.  It's a "buyer beware" business.  

Respected Contributor

I do agree that their shoe prices seem to be very high and better prices can be found just by doing some googling, although not always.  I take an 11 Wide and forget about finding that size in any brick & mortar store.  Online sites have slim pickings for that size, so if I really want something, I often have no choice but to buy from QVC. 

In general, I think QVC looks like Fingerhut, where they lock you into debt with payment plans that have low payments, but the ultimate price is very high.  They appeal to the lower income folks who cannot afford to pay the whole cost up front, but are okay with paying month after month.  If you are watching your budget, you really need to watch the easy pays as they can easily add up to a high monthly payment.

Valued Contributor

QVC seems to have decided that no purchase under about $40.00 is in their best interest.  Even relatively inexpensive items will be sold in multiples to get the transaction amount to over that $40.00 mark.  A tee shirt or tank top for $45.00 is crazy.  

Trusted Contributor

@software.   Yes to the colors but..... When we buy quality and give proper care they last for years.   How many shades of red, blue, green, etc do we need?    I have 20 year old classics (and newer shoes and purses) that I love.  A good cobbler can replace worn soles or heel tips if needed.   I have heels, platforms, stacked heels, etc.  What's old is always new again.   I buy good sneakers to keep my feet healthy.  They do need replacing but not every 3 months as hosts and vendors have suggested.

Competition on line has greatly increased and we have so many choices today.  We carry access with us even to the B&M stores.  

I never liked the old style of car salesmen when I went shopping with my father.  I don't like that style in my living room now.   Give me all the facts I need to make a purchase, just the facts, and show item completely.  No jackets, etc covering over size arm holes.  Please don't tell me to move the pants up and down my waist to get needed length.   The rise can not be moved or it gives a wedgy/baggy pants.  With the time left you can style and chit chat.   

I watch to buy quality, good fair prices on my chosen products.   I can get entertainment  and "company" on any channel or I can call a friend and go shop at the malls.   I can order on line for pick up at the service desk if I am in a hurry.  

Options. Options.  The choice is ours.  We control our purse always.

Contributor

I seldom buy from the Q anymore. Can only semi-afford if it's on easy pay. The prices of clothes has sky rocketed where it isn't feasible for me to buy. I'm on a fixed income and have often wondered that whomever buys clothing on Q must have money to burn!! Not at all crazy about shipping being raised to a ridiculous price. Never buy HSN, but how are they able to almost have free shipping as a norm?? If the Q can afford three TV shows, looks like they take a q from HSN and free ship lots more.

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

But we are supposed to remember those $100 shoes are only $20 per month plus s&h and tax divided by 5 months.    It seems there are more 5 month easy pays lately.  

@Gram W

Some of the hosts make it seem like that $20 first installment is the TOTAL price you are paying....LOL.(instead of ...hey folks, you'll be paying off those shoes for almost half a year)......Yep, EzPay is the only perk they offer for existing customers it seems.....gee, at least the new customers get $5 off.......Woman FrustratedWoman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Gram W wrote:

But we are supposed to remember those $100 shoes are only $20 per month plus s&h and tax divided by 5 months.    It seems there are more 5 month easy pays lately.  

Don't forget all the colors

@software

There is absolutely no way we can forget all the colors when the hosts go over them again and again and again ad nauseum.............Woman Tongue.   Its about the only thing they tell us about products anymore.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”