Honored Contributor

Re: QVC, your prices are ridiculous!!!!

All-righty then. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I missed it. I fell asleep.

I wanted to see Martha S. The white blouse she is wearing looked cute on the video but not for sale I guess. I always liked all her things at KMart.... Why do they go to NY ?

I see more ankle pants...jeez. I give up hoping for an inseam for 32" - 34" in the cute pant designs. Yeah the prices are high and they're not Gucci or Prada...lol

(I love my Hanes cotton tee's....4 pk for $12.00... wash well, cool, nice colors, no wrinkles...)

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

Prices are set at what people are willing to spend....

I think what Starbucks charges for coffee is ridiculous....but alot of people like it  and are Ok with the price.....

Super Contributor

QVC's prices are more than I want to spend.

I can get the same thing elsewhere for less money and the same quality.

Respected Contributor

QVC marketing strategy is the same as all other retailers.  Products are worth whatever the consumer is willing to pay for it.  I don't find QVC prices to be more expensive than the department stores where I shop.  I get more wear out of an $80 top from Dillard's than a $9 top at Walmart.  Lots of places to shop and they all offer different pricing and much different levels of quality.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Prices are set at what people are willing to spend....

I think what Starbucks charges for coffee is ridiculous....but alot of people like it  and are Ok with the price.....

And Starbucks just had another price increase which they were very hush-hush about.  I stop and get a Starbucks coffee everyday on my way to work.  I used to pay $2.10 for a grande coffee.  The other day it was $2.25.  

I know it's ridiculous and I don't even stop to add up how much that costs me a year because it would make me give pause and I love my coffee from there.  LOL 

I know none of what I posted is the point except that you are right.  People are willing to spend for some things and not for others. 

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

QVC marketing strategy is the same as all other retailers.  Products are worth whatever the consumer is willing to pay for it.  I don't find QVC prices to be more expensive than the department stores where I shop.  I get more wear out of an $80 top from Dillard's than a $9 top at Walmart.  Lots of places to shop and they all offer different pricing and much different levels of quality.  JMO.

I've had WM clothing that I've thrown away because I got tired of it before it ever wore out.  Sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes you get a real bargain.

Last year I bought a top from WM that was around $13.00.  I posted it on this board because I liked the top so much and it was such a deal.  Prior to buying that top, I bought a long open front cardigan from the Vanessa Williams line on Evine.  On clearance I spent I think in the $45.00 range for the long cardigan. 

Both items ended up hanging side by side in my closet.  Those items outside of the style were identical.  The black/white heathering, the material, the weight....identical.  If I didn't look down at the length, just looking at them and feeling them I had no idea which was the long cardi and which was the v-neck top.  I honestly wonder if they weren't made in the same facility.   

I have worn and washed that WM top to death and it still looks like brand new. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cubagal wrote:

Just turned over to the New York City thing with Amy, and saw a LOGO top selling for $80 bucks.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  The Q has gone crazy with their pricing.  I personally will never buy another piece of clothing from the Q again.  Most are made in China and the quality is NOTHING like it was 20 years ago.  Guess I will have to buy from Evine and HSN.

i agree with  you.....it is getting much higher....i find these days i order much less.....but i def find better bargains at the local stores or online w/ Kohls & Macys.....and with the coupons....or sales....so many more bargains!!  Good luck .....hope you find a place to shop that  you are happy with and doesn't break the bank!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Their clothing prices are through the roof, I agree.  Then we have to pay shipping to boot. I find myself purchasing very little in the way of clothing anymore. I can find D&C styles in my local department stores (esp. Boscov's) for a fraction of the price.  Once in a while I'll see a really unique piece and I'll buy it but that's about it.  I find myself buying quite a bit from Loft as they frequently run sales.

Long gone is the "value" from QVC.

Trusted Contributor

I agree, prices seem a bit high, but stupid me keeps buying.

What can you do, out of our control unless we all BOYCOTT the Q...I would go into withdrawal...lol.