Contributor

QVC, your prices are ridiculous!!!!

Just turned over to the New York City thing with Amy, and saw a LOGO top selling for $80 bucks.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  The Q has gone crazy with their pricing.  I personally will never buy another piece of clothing from the Q again.  Most are made in China and the quality is NOTHING like it was 20 years ago.  Guess I will have to buy from Evine and HSN.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC, your prices are ridiculous!!!!

Off you go then!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@cubagal wrote:

Just turned over to the New York City thing with Amy, and saw a LOGO top selling for $80 bucks.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  The Q has gone crazy with their pricing.  I personally will never buy another piece of clothing from the Q again.  Most are made in China and the quality is NOTHING like it was 20 years ago.  Guess I will have to buy from Evine and HSN.

Wow, the epitome of high quality; Evine and HSN. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@cubagal wrote:

Wow, the epitome of high quality; Evine and HSN. 

Evine has got to be the worst.  

Trusted Contributor

Some of the prices are a little high, but when they are pieces that you will wear a lot, then cost per wear is pretty small. Some of them might be investment pieces, like a leather jacket or special blouse. Sometimes they might just be a silly splurge, and we all need one of those once in awhile. 

Esteemed Contributor

I check out the style.. and then go hunting for something similar.  And believe me I find it... And the price so much less.  Some of my best  tops I find at Walmart.  Costco... I buy jeans and I could go on and on. 

Respected Contributor

Hmmmm ... One World  and D. Gilman.  Who could ask for more.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everything is more than it is worth these days.  If it is not on sale, and even then there are those labels who just defy explanation.  Yes, logo tops are priced where it is becoming hard to "buy one in every color" at once.  I dont think they are ridiculous though.  Look at Nordstroms, macys, etc...it is hard to find a tee shirt top, or any top under 40-50 dollars that is not on sale.  Most tops not on sale start around 80 bucks! Tops often cost more than pants!  The average tee shirt top is what I find over priced.  Some brands go through the roof.  Dont even get me started on the price of handbags. 

I do love logo tops.  Usually every season I find one, and if I love it I buy  more colors.  I usually do☺️

They last a few years sometimes.  I have cotton tops of hers that I bought when she first came on the air, a long, long time ago!  I gentle wash and hang to dry though.  I will say this.  Many times I baby them for a couple years, then I dont care...they are resigned to house and gardening tops.  So, I wash, throw in dryer...and they look just as good.  When i am done with them, they are actually nice enough to donate.

everyone has their own price point.  You are talking to someone who will pay a couple hundred for a skin cream, and tons for designer handbags but I wouldnt pay over 50 bucks for a pair of tennis shoes, and socks better not be over 75 cents. I wince, and complain when paying for underpants...now that is an item that is overpriced!  

Respected Contributor

current search:

4512 tops and blouses

750 over $50

700  $40-$50

3072 under $40

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty You are too funny....the comment about underwear was priceless. How can they charge that much money for a piece of lace and a string???!!! I hate trying to find underwear that actually fit....buying jeans is easier.

i'm like you though....I do spend a little more for good skin care and don't even get me started on handbags and shoes. Working at Macy's for years I have acquired many, many handbags. Luckily, with my discount and a good clearance sale, I paid next to nothing for them. I also don't mind paying more for good fitting, comfortable shoes.