Honored Contributor

QVC wins the battle of the "Arrive before Christmas" promises

I had outstanding orders from five sources that promised delivery before Christmas.  I've learned long ago not to box myself in for gifts.  So these items were all routine things for me, jewelry and beauty and such, nothing for Christmas.  As of right now, 2:30 Eastern on Christmas Eve, QVC is the only one that has shown up. 

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC wins the battle of the "Arrive before Christmas" promises

NOT FOR ME!!!  One thing they promised to be here 12/24 now says 12/28.  Well, guess what, it is coming right back to them!!!  and, they will refund me ALL costs!!!

Honored Contributor

@depglassThank you for posting this positive note.  We see the rants from those who are upset, we see the cynicism from the host of anti-QVCers who live on the forums, but the vast majority of our orders do arrive in time for the holiday.

QVC sends out millions and millions of packages for the holiday season -  and there are probably .0000012 that don't arrive on time.

Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejanWow -  you really are high maintenance., aren't you?

I'd wish you merry Christmas, but since it's all about the gifts with you, your holiday should be gray and glum.  Too bad.

Honored Contributor

I ordered Christmas early because I knew we would have our family get-together on the 20th because of the many in-laws and vacation plans in our family which is growing.  I had all my gifts on time.  However, all our family members have prime Amazon 2-day shipping and some of their items ordered 4-5 days ago have not arrived.  We were told it was due to the terrorist activity in the country which caused many people to turn from B&M shopping to on-line shopping and it had overloaded UPS and the USPS services which are unable to hire enough people this time in the season to get it all done.  

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear you didn't receive your package.  My experience with QVC shipping is that it is very sporadic.  Sometimes a package takes forever and sometimes I receive an order 2 days after I place it.  Actually, that's rare and I'm always shocked when it happens.  

I would never depend on QVC shipping for something I needed on a specific date.  I'm sure they will refund all your costs.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thank goodness this nonsense crazy madness is just about over.....tired about hearing about unrealistic deliveries......

Honored Contributor

I also think the majority of things arrive in time for Christmas.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@highmaintenancejanWow -  you really are high maintenance., aren't you?

I'd wish you merry Christmas, but since it's all about the gifts with you, your holiday should be gray and glum.  Too bad.

Not sure your assessment is really on target much less fair. If a gift was promised by 12/24 and the arrival date was revised to 12/28 then that negates giving the items as a gift. Why shouldn't she return it? For all we know, she now has to go out and find another gift. And if it wasn't a gift, so what? The 'generous'... return policy indicates 'no questions asked'... I tend to be pretty reasonable and very forgiving when items ordered late don't arrive 'in time' for Christmas, but the fact that Jan is irate doesn't necessarily mean either that it's 'all about the gifts' with her nor that her holiday should stink because she voiced an opinion not in support of your blessed Q...

For the record, I've generally had positive experiences with QVC deliveries arriving in time for Christmas.

I had one outstanding item from another retailer. It arrived today. I did very little Christmas shopping with QVC this year.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

i have had 100% arrival success from QVC and from Amazon.  i give kudos to them, the p o and UPS.   take a bow!