Respected Contributor

QVC wins slowest shipping award....

I order mostly from Amazon (not prime) and Walmart.  Sometimes I order from Ulta, HSN or some clothing place.  No one has the slow shipping and handling that Q has...It takes a week to ship and a week or more to get it.  I try to put it out of my mind and not think about the order for three weeks.  The other places I mentioned have it at my door within a week.  I did have one HSN order that took a couple of weeks which was very unusual.  I think I will try to pay off my Q card and cancel it so I won't be tempted any more.  I am sure I could find what I need somewhere else except for the brands that are only at QVC like Denim and Company, Isaac mizrahi and Kim Gravel.  

Super Contributor

Re: QVC wins slowest shipping award....

@chiclet  Yes, the Q definitely wins the slowest shipping award!  The "covid excuse" doesn't cut it for me.  QVC's shipping nightmare started long before covid came along.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree for the most part...

The only other place that is slow is...The Disney Store....

Trusted Contributor

...yes they do and it has been happening since way before Covid.  

I ordered from HSN on Sunday, received on Thursday!

It is sad the way things have developed at QVC over the years, in ways to numerous to list, not just shipping.   It used to be the best place to shop.

Trusted Contributor

I do have to agree with this.

I know all about the shipping issues that we are facing in the US right now.  However, I order from MANY places online and I have never had to wait as long as I do with QVC.  I order from Amazon (like so many others), Kohl's, Target, The Children's Place, Bath & Body Works, Ebay, Yankee Candle, Sephora, and the list goes on.  The longest I ever have had to wait for any of these items to get to me has been a week (if even).  Most items are arriving within 2-3 days.  I placed an order on Target Sunday night and received it by Tuesday. 

The real kicker for me is that most of these places offer FREE shipping.  I am getting my orders super-quick and I'm not paying extra for anything.  QVC charges a tremendous amount in shipping fees (especially if you are ordering more than one item) and you sometimes have to wait a month or more for your order. 

That being said, I have also received some (very few) items from QVC very quickly.  That's always a pleasant surprise.  I even see that three of my advanced orders have shipped on the promised date and I should be receiving them today.  However, there are just too many inconsistencies and confusion when placing an order with QVC lately.  I NEVER order anything that I actually need and I DEFINITELY don't order something with the expectation that I'm going to receive it in less than a month. 

I still choose to shop here because I do find some great deals and items that I can't get anywhere else.  I think they have some great makeup deals and I love some of their holiday home decor items.  However, before I place an order, I always look to see if I can find the same thing or something similar somewhere else for either a less expensive price or with free shipping.

I also believe these shipping issues have been happening way before COVID hit.  It's just worse now because QVC never had a handle on their shipping in the first place.

Honored Contributor

To compare Amazon and Walmart's shipping to QVC is way different!  Walmart and Amazon sell like products and are heavily competing companies so they each have amped up their shipping with their pay for membership.   Both have their own trucks that deliver products to other shipping companies and even their own delivery methods. QVC has 4 or 5 warehouses across the country but probably none are fully stocked with everything and a good percentage of products seem to come directly from vendors who handle the shipping.  I remember the long waits for orders everywhere before the internet with no tracking systems.  When an order comes is no big deal for me or I would shop elsewhere rather than complain over and over!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in the minority here.  I ordered three items at the beginning of the week and  two were delivered yesterday. The third should be delivered today.  I was pleasantly surprised,

Honored Contributor

Only the Slowskys - the turtles in ads for Comcast's Xfinity service - would be impressed with an award like that!

Valued Contributor

What happened I thought the new CEO was suppose to fix all these problems?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MrSour wrote:

What happened I thought the new CEO was suppose to fix all these problems?

Think about it @MrSour .  You think he has a magic wand?  Who could fix any issues in 3 months?