Esteemed Contributor

I've watched both HSN and the Q for many years. I prefer the hosts on the Q any day. To me, the HSN hosts seem to be Barbie dolls, a lot of facial surgeries, and not down to earth or genuine. That's just my take on it. 

Honored Contributor

I rarely order from HSN anymore.  They just offer very little that appeals to me.  They have also gone through some changes that aren't for the better.

Gone are the days of coupons being offered by HSN as they were in the past.  They don't offer free s/h like they used to in the past and even their sale and clearance prices aren't what they used to be.  Yes some things are super cheap but I'm also seeing a couple of dollars off "sale" items.

I don't find their hosts to be better or worse than those on QVC.  I don't find them anymore prepared or well spoken than those on QVC.  Last night I happened to tune in and Lynn was presenting MarlaWynne clothing and commented on the "exhuberant prices" out in the stores.  LOL  Not sure if they still do but HSN has had their share of antics by hosts on programs.  When Guy and Leslie had the morning show, a lot of it was silliness and ridiculousness.    

I still think HSN is going to be gone pretty soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I already miss the live programming on HSN during  early morning hours.  I get up very early and would often put it on.

Honored Contributor

My QVC shipping times are back to normal, which makes me very happy.  HSN fell of the radar for me and I didn't buy from them for several years.  Not for any reason, I just stopped watching so I stopped buying from them.  But then QVC/HSN came under the same parent company and I began to visit HSN.com...so....of course... I started shopping again.  They never had any shipping problems which makes sense because they are still separate companies in most respects.  I'm getting purchases from both in 3-4 days now.  I don't know why but Evine is also delivering in record time for them.  4-5 days when it was always 8 or 9 days.  

Honored Contributor

I like both channels, but have shopped more on QVC.   I liked it better when they were separate.  Hate tuning in to HSN to see IT Cosmetics, Bare Minerals, etc. when I have already seen the items numerous times on QVC.   HSN had a lot more free shipping before the merger.  Prefer them to be separate, but guess it's too late for that.

Respected Contributor
Don’t buy as much from HSN as I have from Q but recently had to return an HSN item and although I shipped “my way” noticed they offered both pre paid USPS and UPS which is a big plus as far as I’m concerned.

I was also hoping Q would reinvent there shipping department using HSN as their model. Doesn’t look like it’s going that way!