Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC using the term "Latinx?"

Pure N Simple:

I'm an Italian citizen and not a U.S. citizen.

Super Contributor

A Mexican friend thinks that the word Latin would do and Latinx is just going too far.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Manicotta is an form of Italian pasta stuffed with Ricotta cheese.  Manegotha is the way your grandmother pronounced the pasta not the cheese.  I know many Italians pronounce Ricotta as Reegotha and some pronounce it Reecotha.   It simply boils down to dialect.   Italy is made of up many different dialects 

Trusted Contributor

I'm not at all surprised at QVC using that term.  They seem to have replaced quality, value and convenience with wokeness and politics, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

My niece, who is from South America and in her 20's, uses the term to describe herself and others so I figure it's okay.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3   In Connecticut a lot of Sicilian Italian Americans and those of Naples area ancestry call mozzarella "mootz" and have lots of other terms for food items.

They don't always agree on the name for a particular food item or recipe but they all laugh and joke about it.  Many of them admit they don't know how to spell the Italian terms.

But they all enjoy the banter good naturedly usually and man, can they cook!  There is the ongoing friendly dispute of sauce or gravy.

There's a great public Facebook group called Wooster Street Cooks that has thousands of members--great food pics, recipes, etc., and a happy, good natured crowd.

Beest,

aroc3435

Washingtonn, DC

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

Manicotta is an form of Italian pasta stuffed with Ricotta cheese.  Manegotha is the way your grandmother pronounced the pasta not the cheese.  I know many Italians pronounce Ricotta as Reegotha and some pronounce it Reecotha.   It simply boils down to dialect.   Italy is made of up many different dialects 

Thank you @Teddixat  for assuming you know what my Gram meant, but you are wrong.  I lived in a duplex w/ my Gram for 19 years.  I know what she was saying.

That is the way she called ricotta cheese...NOT the pasta.  In fact, she NEVER made manicotta.  Stuffed shells maybe, but mostly only lasagna.  But thanks.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 

Oh good gravy, SAUCE!  Always sauce!

Never gravy and NEVER Sunday Sauce...LOLOOLOLOLOL!!

Esteemed Contributor

Its not just QVC using this term. I've heard frequently in the last couple of weeks. So don't pick on just one company because there are others. 

Super Contributor

I certainly agree with you that QVC is on the bandwagon with "wokeness"!  Ridiculous!