Super Contributor

Re: QVC to Rerun Midnight TSV from 2am-7am starting Monday Morn

I am an insomniac who enjoys shopping at night.  With the same thing showing all night, my favorite hobby is gone.  I hope they return to regular late night fresh fare as I really enjoy doing my shopping at night, especially if they are clearance sales

New Contributor

I agree ... I am up during the night and have been very disappointed with the re-runs of the TSV .... and wish there were at least re-runs of several items like 10 or 20 items instead of just one item!

I have been watching QVC from the very beginning and have always enjoyed the shows and the hosts.  For the past couple of nights I have turned it on and it has been reruns of the 12 midnight show all night long.  This is very disappointing as I read all the posts and found out why.  I don't sleep at night and go to bed very late and it is my time to watch QVC.  The hosts are great company and I don't sit down during the day to watch it.

I usually will purchase during these hours and not during the day.  I hope that the show will not continue with this format.

Please bring back the lovely hosts during the night and not reruns.

A long time customer.  M Frederick

Valued Contributor

So did the overnight hosts just get their hours/days cut I assume? I see the usual hosts, and seemingly more of them, but the 'newbies' are seldom seen. So are they weeding them out?
New Contributor

So aggravting! And my orders just sit in the processing phase.  I hope they have everything running for the holidays, but then last year online ordering was so difficult due to the large amount of traffic--hope they fix this problem too!. Not watching QVC/HSN at night with the reruns--what makes them think we would like this--the testing of reruns of the TSV at night?  Really, they thought we would enjoy this??  I wish QVC and HSN had never mergered.  Ship my items and stop the massive reruns at night-- is my suggestion for happy customers.  

Contributor

I don't like & hope they go back to live shows during that time period. Maybe they will save money on staff, but would think sales would slow way down. 

Contributor

HSN has done this for years. I'm guessing they are just following what seems to work at HSN now that they are merged. I hardly buy from any shopping channel anymore.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I hope QVC management will listen to their customers. I understand the need to lower the overall costs and the continuing tendency for online shopping hence the possibility of reruns during off-hours. I just wonder who's idea was to re-run the SAME hour over and over for 5 hours straight? It's just doesn't make sense to the customers who are willing to BUY.

HSN does reruns for a long time now but they run DIFFERENT presentations during those off-hours. So the customers see and BUY the VARIETY of items even if these are pre-recorded shows. 

So please listen to your customers. Based on the discussion on social media this practice of running the same hour for 5 hours straight has an EXTREMELY negative response from your potential and loyal customers as well. 

If you have to use pre-recorded shows during off-hours please consider running a VARIETY of presentations. Again based on the feedback your current trial run is not working.

New Contributor

HSN has done this forever &  one of the many reasons I seldom watch or purchase from HSN.  When Q purchased HSN I had hoped that some of the things I loved about Q would find their way over to HSN but sadly it seems to be working the other way around.

I too am what most would consider an "old timer" but I still think we are their biggest group of shoppers and would like to think that our opinions still hold some sway.

Valued Contributor

This is an important topic for me so I am weighing in. The MAJORITY of my QVC watching and buying over the last 20 years has been in the very early morning hours.  This is especially true for jewelry and other impulse related buys.  I am an early bird by nature and watch QVC in the middle of the night when I have trouble sleeping which is often!  My buying is pretty much over at 8 AM. I will not watch repeats all night, ESPECIALLY TSVs! I cannot emphasize that enough.  I do get all three channels of QVC so if I do miss something I will watch the presentations on the other channels.  But the live channel is key for me. I also like to see a variety of hosts.  Hosts are important- I mean after all I can order anything I want from the internet.  The host-vendor live interaction is what makes shopping channels like QVC unique.