Super Contributor

Re: QVC to Rerun Midnight TSV from 2am-7am starting Monday Morn

Bad deal for QVC.   Apparently they think everyone is sleeping during those times or wants to watch the same boring presenter, the same host and the same products over and over. 

QVC, HSN, Evine, JTV all the shopping channels are pretty much turning into infomericals.    This will be the big slip down the hill for QVC.  What's the back story?  Wanting to get rid of hosts?  Wanted to pinch pennies?  I don't get it.  

Maybe they should cut the Q2 and Q3 stations.  I don't watch them at all.  They are not on my cable line up and I'm sure not going to watch on my phone/tablet/laptop/desktop.    Get real QVC!  Remember how JCPenney messed up when they made the big change.  

Honored Contributor

no problem.... plenty of other channels to watch at that god forsaken hour of the night it you need to watch TV. Who would really care?

Esteemed Contributor

I've never heard of 6:00 AM EST being considered as a God forsaken hour.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

no problem.... plenty of other channels to watch at that god forsaken hour of the night it you need to watch TV. Who would really care?

@SeaMaiden - I think this is Eastern Standard Time. This will start earlier for those in the Pacific time zone. I'm surprised at this decision. They certainly seem to have enough hosts to cover this time period! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, 11 PM West Coast isn't very God forsaken either.  I don't get the reference point.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden - I think this is Eastern Standard Time. This will start earlier for those in the Pacific time zone. I'm surprised at this decision. They certainly seem to have enough hosts to cover this time period! Smiley Wink

@beach-mom   But still....who NEEDS to watch QVC with all the other choices....move on.....

Valued Contributor

I guess I understand using re-runs, but I wish they would change it up every hour with something other than hours of the same thing. I don't understand what they are trying to see: wear us all out so we purchase?

Valued Contributor

It may be that the reason they’re only showing the TSV is because there might be some kind of contractual obligation for products that are shown on the main network to meet minimums during the time they are aired. It could also have to do with the number of hours that QVC is contracted to show a product on the main network.

Yes, they show reruns all the time on the secondary networks, but this might be just gravy to vendors, and a totally different deal.

Since the TSV is shown so often during the day on the main network, there’s probably no set number of times it can be shown in that contract.  

Think about it. If Farmer John’s Popcorn has a deal to have a 10 minute presentation during the 24 hour period of October 11 and Cheryl’s Cookies has the same deal, but Farmer John’s presentation shows up at 3AM in a repeat presentation, but Cheryl’s Cookies is never shown overnight in a rerun, then Farmer John’s has been given an unfair advantage.

Repeats are new to the main network, so it may be that they have to figure out how to move forward with making sure the way they air everything is on the up and up. 

Esteemed Contributor

They're in more trouble than I thought if they're still working out the kinks.

Super Contributor

OK if I want to watch tv/QVC/HSN/JTV/ Evine or whatever it is currently called that is my business.   I work evening shift and when i come home from work i may stay up till 5 a.m. in the morning.    I have a friend who watches shopping channels late due to the fact she is a night owl not an early morning person.  So if we want to shop QVC between 2 a.m. to 7 that's what we do - just like watching I Love Lucy, The Partridge Family or whatever else we want to.  Watching QVC sure beat watching KUWTK or some of those stupid reality shows.