Super Contributor

Re: QVC to Rerun Midnight TSV from 2am-7am starting Monday Morn

Repeating the TSV for 5 more hours doesn't make good sense to me. 
Why not rerun some other products like Q2 and Q3 and Holiday Q already do?
At least that offers more products to shoppers.

And they will always have some quick in and out hits online. 
Even a new product line gots hawked on tv promos and that drives people to the online site.

Newbies in the executive wing  might be all excited by the quick online sales of some items.  But I think we have all seen items go from popular to laughable in a pretty short time. So it will take them some time to tell. 

I just doubt they are dumping tv when in fact they added two more channels to my cable this year.

Honored Contributor

If QVC was thinking of doing this, why hire all of those hosts? Didn't they just hire not too long ago, about 5-6 new hosts?

Valued Contributor

QVC UK has always had repeat programming in the wee hours (although I haven’t watched for quite a few years so may not be up to date). So the company has form for doing this. 

It works better in the UK though because it’s all one time zone. 

This will really hit the people who like having live interactive TV for company. I’ve read so often about people who find themselves in situations where they’re up in the night and feeling very alone (e.g. when caring for an elderly relative) and having something live in the background is a little thing but it really helps. 

But I suppose they’re not spending the money.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 

I respect that and hope for all those that do watch during the night that they change their mind and go back to live programming.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

For a long time, there were great deals in those early morning shows.  I know because I've made many purchases in those shows as I am routinely up during those hours.  It ran across many genres - jewelry, fashion, and kitchen items especially.

So, as an avid early morning purchaser from watching these morning shows, I definitely do not like these recorded shows (which I will not watch).

I do think the writing has been on the wall for a while.  Qurate touts its digital platforms every chance it gets.  QVC alone has several new brands that have proven financially successful (according to their recent quarterly report) online only, even before getting any air time.  For example, Rachel Hollis' line has been very successful for months, long before it even had one on-air show.  Many TV viewers still don't even know who she is.  But she has a huge presence on social media and her followers apparently are a big reason her items have been selling out on qvc.com.

Rick and Mary Beth, some of the last hold-outs to Instagram, have been posting regularly there now.  Courtney Cason has video travel segments -- discovering new places and cultures -- all on QVC's Youtube channel

Perhaps QVC has decided the time has come to shift away from live TV, and put even more focus on their digital platform. With all the recent new hosts, and TV channels, seems like they put the cart before the horse on that one, but only time will tell. 

This is probably just the beginning.

Im sure Mary Beth is thrilled with the mandate to post on Instagram.  I dont even know what Instagram is.  People over 55 could care less.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

For a long time, there were great deals in those early morning shows.  I know because I've made many purchases in those shows as I am routinely up during those hours.  It ran across many genres - jewelry, fashion, and kitchen items especially.

So, as an avid early morning purchaser from watching these morning shows, I definitely do not like these recorded shows (which I will not watch).

I do think the writing has been on the wall for a while.  Qurate touts its digital platforms every chance it gets.  QVC alone has several new brands that have proven financially successful (according to their recent quarterly report) online only, even before getting any air time.  For example, Rachel Hollis' line has been very successful for months, long before it even had one on-air show.  Many TV viewers still don't even know who she is.  But she has a huge presence on social media and her followers apparently are a big reason her items have been selling out on qvc.com.

Rick and Mary Beth, some of the last hold-outs to Instagram, have been posting regularly there now.  Courtney Cason has video travel segments -- discovering new places and cultures -- all on QVC's Youtube channel

Perhaps QVC has decided the time has come to shift away from live TV, and put even more focus on their digital platform. With all the recent new hosts, and TV channels, seems like they put the cart before the horse on that one, but only time will tell. 

Im sure Mary Beth is thrilled with the mandate to post on Instagram.  I dont even know what Instagram is.  People over 55 could care less.

@Reever  I love Instagram. Especially Chris Pryme. She posts beautiful pictures of her farm and the great meals she cooks. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This thread explains what I saw last night. I had fallen asleep, and then awoke and flipped on HSN to watch the coffee TS presentation. It was a repeat, but I had missed the earlier presentation. I purchased on my phone and decided to flip over to QVC, to see what was on. I noticed Shawn was on with the Copper compression socks. I was sort of lost, since it was after midnight on the west coast. I did not have the energy to figure it out. I turned off the TV and went back to bed. 

This thread explains everything.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

I'm about to turn 60 and love Instagram! It's not just for young "Influencers" (which I definitely am not! Smiley LOL). I do believe that QVC has to change with the times. However, their moves to shift away from those of us in the older demographics seem misguided.

Occasional Contributor

THis is horrible for folks that are awake during the night, I just change the channel, can't understand why they are doing this. 

Super Contributor

More of my dollars going to Amazon with its fast free shipping.  I watch QVC for the live presence. Very little of what they offer cannot be found elsewhere.  And they beat TSVs to death anymore: Bose, Keuric, HP, Serta, Vitamix.  Yawn. TSVs use to be special and unique items and pretty good deals.