Respected Contributor

Re: QVC to Rerun Midnight TSV from 2am-7am starting Monday Morn

@Northerngal wrote:

Young people would shop QVC/HSN if the sites offered more electronics, items for apartment and first time home owners, and lower prices!!  Show what young people want on the programming instead of focusing on women over 50.  Most online shoppers are used to cheap prices and free shipping.  Someone needs to explain to QVC/HSN management what a clearance price is.  Notice how QVC/HSN raise prices when they offer free shipping?  I find myself shopping at Home Goods/TJ Maxx/Marshalls instead of QVC/HSN.

Im really tired of women over a certain age being given the short end of the stick. QVC became what it is today because of Baby Boomer women and women from the Greatest Generation.  Millenials can stick to their gadgets and gizmos but leave QVC alone!  Do not change what is not broken.

Contributor

I heard rumors that this might happen. I really dislike the reruns. I am always waking at odd hours & find shopping time very relaxing. I never watch HSN or other shopping channels at that time because they show reruns. I never can tell which sizes & colors are available when reruns are shown & I get tired of hearing the same sales pitch over & over. I seldom check out Q2 & Q3 Channels as my selected cable stations do not include these channels. If QVC is looking for ways to cut costs, they could eliminate the extra channels & stick with 24 hour live programs. It’s good to know other shoppers feel the same! Please bring back the round the clock live programming!

Contributor

@DottieD wrote:

The non-stop airings of TSV became TIRESOME a long time ago! No matter what time I turned on QVC yesterday, the laptop presentation was in full swing. TV went off.

Same here. Glad I subscribe to Netflix! No more round the clock shopping.

Valued Contributor

I think it’s odd how so many people complaining about this new programming are also people who freely admit they put QVC on for entertainment purposes or to keep them company rather than to actually purchase something. It’s like sitting outside a restaurant watching people eat all day, then going home and calling then restaurant to complain about what’s on their menu. 

New Contributor

Oh my gosh !!! First HSN NOW QVC ??? Why the reruns ??? If someone does not like the TSV WE ARE STUCK LISTENING /WATCHING IT OVER AND OVER !!! QVC MUST BE IN TROUBLE- WHY WOULD THEY BE DOING THIS ... BOTTOM LINE TO SAVE MONEY. THEY NEED TO OFFER FREE SHIPPING AND FREE RETURNS LIKE AMAZON - IF THEY WANT TO STAY COMPETITIVE!!! NOT SURE WHY THEY ARE HIRING SO MANY NEW HOSTS THEN LETTING THEM GO ??? SOME ARE HONESTLY REALLY NOT GOOD FOR SALES. I”M SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THE RERUNS - NOT SO GOOD HOSTS AND ZERO FREE SHIPPING 😢 LIKE OTHERS WE WILL BE SHOPPING ELSEWHERE!!
Esteemed Contributor

What a mess!

°

°

°

😐

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@10000thnickname   what a shame. I know shop hq and hsn do essentially the same. I think qvc will have less and less viewers as time goes by. Makes you wonder what all of the hosts that work overnights will now be doing.

Maybe it'll give them an excuse to dump Julia who, I doubt, will ever be ready for prime time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

I think it’s odd how so many people complaining about this new programming are also people who freely admit they put QVC on for entertainment purposes or to keep them company rather than to actually purchase something. It’s like sitting outside a restaurant watching people eat all day, then going home and calling then restaurant to complain about what’s on their menu. 

@MaryLamb 

I love that analogy. 😃

Super Contributor

I'm a nightowl. I keep QVC on in the background. Have done this for 30 years. I usually buy at night or early in the morning. This new format of rebroadcasting previous shows from 2am to 7am is for the birds. I hate it. You're going to lose customers. Please go back to live programing 24/7.

New Contributor

I frequently watch QVC at night if there is a show I want to see.  Will save money by the reruns of TSV all night.  I find that QVC has certainly gone down hill.