Respected Contributor

Re: QVC to Rerun Midnight TSV from 2am-7am starting Monday Morn

Im working on a letter to management tonight.  This is absolutely a cost cutting maneuver that ultimately saves the company money.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

Is HSN already doing this? I have noticed that their program guide lists what appears to be the same show over and over again during the night.

Yes, they are. I am so upset by this news. I work midnights at work by myself (answering service) and I have a TV in here, so it gives me something to listen/watch when I get a chance. Now, it'll be so boring :-(

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

@10000thnickname: Thank you! Smiley Happy 

Frequent Contributor

Clearance shows would work, in my opinion, overnight. Maybe do a kitchen clearance night, home items night, clothing night, shoes clearance night, etc. They don’t necessarily need the models at night but the vendor and host can wear two separate clearance items? Have Mark Charles and a host do kitchen clearance, etc. Holiday clearance after Christmas? And I mean a clearance not $10.00 off!
Trusted Contributor

I very seldom watch TV anymore.  I would rather listen to the radio.  A lot more interesting for sure. 

Valued Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Im working on a letter to management tonight.  This is absolutely a cost cutting maneuver that ultimately saves the company money.

@Reever  First of all, consider that QVC is now also QVC2, QVC3, and Beauty/HolidayQ, so there are actually 4 different stations under one roof. Don’t assume that just because they aren’t live for 5 hours a night doesn’t mean that there aren’t people working behind the scenes to maintain what happens on QVC as well as these newer networks. Also, we all know how the QVC2 and QVC3 are often reruns, so it is possible that going dark during those 5 hours on the main network may mean that we’ll see more live programming on the other networks to make up for the loss of time used to show new products on the main network during those “dark” hours. This means that not only will those camera men and people behind the scenes maintain their weekly hours, but those hours will not be during the graveyard shift, and they’ll be able to spend more regular hours with their families. Don’t jump to conclusions without looking at how this might actually help the employees in the long run.

Respected Contributor

What will happen to all the new hosts they hired?  How terribly sad if they get rid of some of them after they moved to PA.  What the Q should do is lower their clothing prices.  They are ridiculous now and add the shipping.  Not good. Very disappointing news!  Management is running the network into the ground IMHO.

Honored Contributor

Depending on the TSV for the day, this could get ugly Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how much of your QVC purchases are made during the overnight hours in question?

Respected Contributor

Hedge, many of us will tune in at nigjht when we cant sleep.  We enjoy live programming not the same program on a reel for 4 hours.  Ive slowed down my QVC purchases in recent years. It seems they dont value the customer the way they did when Kathy Levine was the head honcho.