Super Contributor

Re: QVC to Rerun Midnight TSV from 2am-7am starting Monday Morn

Me too, @demanda ! I won't be spending my money  between 4am-7am now when I'm normally awake. At least I have a couple more weeks of I Love Lucy before the Christmas movies start 10/25.

Frequent Contributor

Oh my!!  I'm already tired of all the repeated shows on QVC 2, 3 and IQ!  I can record what I want to watch if I need to miss.  I don't want or need to see a particular show more than once.  

Respected Contributor

Rerun with no host or "live" input of any kind?  Sounds like a cost cutting measure to me.  No Host, probably no "floor/production staff", probably only someone to "re-cure" the tape.  Don't like it?  Don't watch it.  THAT'S the ONLY way to register disploeasure.

Trusted Contributor

It's a smart financial move.   It has worked for HSN - it will work for the Q.

Valued Contributor

The reason TSV's aren't selling as well as they used to is because more times than not they are tired, boring and "retreads".  AND, the midnight presentation is TOO LONG, so can't see this helping at all.  Bring in a fresh team to decide on tsv's QVC-that might help!

Honored Contributor

I  remember years ago they had special sales during the late nite hours...when I could not sleep I watched QVC and occasionally purchased something.  The TSV is no longer special, in price or in what they offer, so if ALL those hours 2am - 7 am will be the same show, I  for sure will not be watching.

Esteemed Contributor

@10000thnickname wrote:

In case people didn't read the Customer Care post, this has been verified.
For 4 weeks beginning tomorrow morning 2am-7am DST, they will replay the midnight TSV show over and over until 7am. After 4 weeks they will review the results according to "Beth" a  QVC employee. 
So, I suppose this is the worst news for people far west and for people like me who arise at 4am-5am daily. No QVC for me. I already think the TSV presentations are too long.
Maybe other people won't mind at all.

I think back to the survey I got regarding the TSV which then made me think the TSVs weren't selling as well as expected.
Also big cost savings, I'm sure. 

Just figured a lot of folks didn't read the Customer Care section so I wanted to let you know in case you kept seeing the TSV over and over and thought it was Groundhog's Day! :-)
Judy

@10000thnickname  .... thanks!!! .... this is the first that I heard of this .... I am a “night owl” & have the TV on QVC in the middle of the night because I can’t sleep... thanks for letting us know 🙃

Honored Contributor

The only shows I watch anymore are Frye shows, and it very seldom happens for me to catch one.

So none of this affects me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

If the amount of profit they’re making during these overnight hours isn’t greater than the operating costs during those hours, it makes sense to do this. 

Valued Contributor

One negative effect of this could be that because the overnight hours usually feature older and clearance items, they might start showing fewer new products during daytime/primetime hours in order to feature the older stuff in order to get it out of the warehouse.