Respected Contributor

Re: QVC to Merge With Home Shopping Network in $2.1 Billion Deal

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

I found this interesting...

"QVC has 29 on-air hosts, while HSN has 24"

I don't know about HSN, but QVC has 27 hosts and 5 host trainees. Alberti and Elise are counted with the 27 even though they are mostly on Beauty iQ now.

EDIT: I read the Powerpoint and much of the information is current as of 2016, so this figure was not updated to reflect Albany's and Jacque's departures. That must also be how they get by saying QVC is live 24/7, 364 days a year. That was true for 1987-2016, but a couple of weeks in February 2017 QVC had repeated shows in the late night hours.

Esteemed Contributor

I always wonder how a QVC/HSN merger would affect the vendors -- especially the small ones. Would they be pressured to lower their prices in order to sell on both channels?

What about the big name brand companies that sell various products on both channels? Or just name brand companies that sell on one or another channel but sell elsewhere like other online retailers or bricks and mortar stores?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree. Enjoy Linda's Homeshoppingnista blog. In her July report, she went into great detail re the QVC parent company purchase of HSN.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Both businesses will be run separately.     They have not merged.........they just have the same "parent".

That's the way I think and hope it will be.  I shop more at QVC, but I do like some items at HSN.  I think they are very different shopping venues and hope it stays that way.