Honored Contributor

Re: QVC still wants to broadcast in Canada? Why?

@TY Do you live in Wancouver?We live in Tacoma area.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure what your problem is.  If QVC wants to broadcast in Canada, they should be able to do so.  Don't know why they can't, but that's up to Canadians to deal with.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex

Yes, I live in the Vancouver, B.C. area but I also grew up in the U.S. in Tacoma, Washington. The drive up and down I-5 can become a long one given the traffic and all the road construction up and down I-5. I wonder when the area around Tacoma on I-5 will ever be done as that is such a bottle-neck! We did visit relatives in Tacoma over the Christmas holidays but drove back up the day after Christmas in order to beat an expected snowfall in Vancouver that was forcast for Dec. 27th. But if I have time I like to visit T.J. Maxx and Marshall's down there.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000

I really think it has to do with protecting a Canadian media empire as The Shopping Channel aka TSC is owned by Rogers Communications and the Rogers family that owns them are socially and politically connected 1 percenters. TSC basically has a TV shopping monopoly in Canada but even so they don't want interlopers like QVC on their turf is my best guess!

But other American companies came to Canada and failed or left like Target did.

Esteemed Contributor

@skittles2wrote:

@TYwrote:

And who watches tv much anymore to buy stuff? Not me.

I buy a lot from QVC and a few things from Evine. I watch QVC every day, not all day long, even when I'm not buying something. but I do have it on a lot, even when I'm in another room, much like guys do when they have sports on.  

I love not having to go to a store or mall, plus life gets crazy and I don't have the time or energy to do so.  I do shop at Amazon, and love it, but Q's easy pays, prices, and great Holiday return poicy can't be beat! Plus, I do enjoy watching and shopping from Q.

Cat Very Happy

@skittles2  ...... I agree with you 100%

Honored Contributor

@TYthat is funny.we lived our lives in reverse.I might have seen you in TJs or Marshall’s.I shop there too.

the freeway is terrible.We travel it often to visit my mom.First getting through Seattle then the border and ferry that we take to Victoria.

The island highway has become bad too and we can spend an hour getting

out of Victoria and if there is an accident way more than that.The fastest we have made that trip is 7 hours......crazy.

My son became an American citizen a couple of years ago and happily lives In Oklahoma.It takes less time to visit him.

Respected Contributor

I assume that would be QVC Canada.