Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO: QVC can't sell HSN. They are both owned by the Qurate Retail Group. 

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette   The Bethlehem warehouse is definitely up and running.  I've been getting merchandise shipped from there.  Ordered a top Wednesday and it shipped Thursday.  Went to a distribution center in Secaucus, NJ.  We'll see how fast it gets here.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC should sell HSN IMO

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

I agree. 

HSN had lost 7% in sales when Liberty Media bought it's remaining shares and losing money for a longer time.  Why drag QVC down by tying it to a company that was losing money?

To make sure, just confirmed the current president of both QVC and HSN, hired in 2019, came from Disney.  How is it some say HSN is run much better and smoother than QVC when both have the same president?

If these two are supposed to be independent, then why do they have the same president?

If QVC appears to be so dysfunctional, whose fault is it besides the president? 

Too many questions, no answers, a lot of speculation, but at this point, I would think QVC needs its own president who will concentrate only on its problems.  

@Foxxee  @Kachina624 

I agree with what you say......

Maybe some more changes need to be made.  Mike George became the CEO of QVC in 2004, and the CEO of Qurate in March 2018.  And the former Disney Exec, Leslie Ferraro, was named President, QxH, in September 2019. In this role, Leslie leads Qurate Retail GroupSM’s largest business unit, comprising its QVC® and HSN® brands in the U.S. she reports directly to Mike George. 

I think Ms. Ferraro was the one that started the ball rolling on the pre-recorded programming....

I also think the way the Producers/hosts work together is archaic...sometimes the Producers seem to be asleep at the wheel....Rick was going over the Easy Pay Options on the Christmas Tree and the slide was up showing the breakdown and the silly Producer covered it up with a Q2 promo...which I bet really helped Rick out and made him "happy"....SMH....And sometimes the hosts have to ask the Producer a couple of times before they get an answer to their question....Or the background music is so loud you can't hear the hosts....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
@Spurt 
"Maybe some changes need to be made at the very top, Mike George."

@Spurt 

Most definitely.  I've been thinking that for quite some time.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

@Foxxee    I can't remember her name but it was announced last fall that QVC had a new president, a woman.  If she has done anything constructive, it's not noticable.

@Kachina624 

Yes, Leslie Ferraro is the one I am talking about. 

Trusted Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kittykatkay wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Nobody in their right mind would want HSN.  They've consistently lost money every quarter for years.  I can't understand why Qurate bought it.  It's a millstone around their neck.

@Kachina624 ....well, golly gumdrops.  Thanks, Kachina.  I guess I'm "not in my right mind", but it's okay.  I like me this way, lol.

@kittykatkay    Are you contemplating the purchase of HSN or just attempting to be cute?

@Kachina624 ...oh you know I'm just as "cute" as I can possibly be, lol.

@kittykatkay  .....  This is a serious topic and some of us are trying to discuss as mature adults. Hundreds of lives were effected. Would you act the way you are at a funeral?

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette Maybe doesn't matter because I buy so little nowadays, but in the years since I placed my last HSN order, I have spent many thousands of dollars with QVC.

I do occasionally surf into HSN.  I still don't like what they sell, I still don't connect with their camera work or their hosts.   Doesn't matter how fast something arrives if you don't really want it anyway.

I would guess thart just as I have never followed a host from QVC to another shopping channel, if QVC disappears, I will buy whatever I buy from a totally different retailer.

QVC Customer Care
Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee  ..... @Spurt  .......  To get him out will take the Board  of Directors. To get the Board of Directors attention will take the stock holders. And we all know how to get the stock holders attention.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:
"On December 31, 2018 Qurate Retail transferred its 100% ownership of HSN to QVC through a transaction among entities under common control."

@Johnnyeager  - I didn't know this.  So QVC does own HSN and @JONNYSBRO  was right.