Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Imo QVC should focus on their own network and sell HSN to someone else. I preferred them as competitors versus in sync together. I honestly think the Q is spreading itself thin.

QVC doesn't own HSN, the Qurate Retail Group owns them along with Zulily, Ballard Designs, Grandin Road, Frontgate & Garnet Hill, all links are at the bottom of the page.

Trusted Contributor

As much as I hate to I have to defend the OP's post. Though it was stated wrong the suggestion is worth considering. Since QVC is a "sister" company they don't have the "power" to sell HSN. 

As for whether or not QVC cares about the OP"s opinion or what the OP's qualifications are for making the suggestion. Others (including me) are giving their opinions and giving suggestions and I am sure they (me) are no more qualified than the OP.

Whether you like the poster or not if the post has a legitimate reason to be considered seriously the post should be given the same consideration as other posts.

Most layoffs occur due to financial or restructuring of companies. I don't think QVC is restructuring so that makes me think financial. 

With everything going on now a company financially hurting has  a very slim chance of survival. Layoffs is the beginning. Chances are that won't be enough. Next is try to sell parts of the company. With the economy the way it is not many buying especially retail. Last comes bankruptcy. Which bankruptcy is the question.

With the recent hundreds of layoffs I have ceased all buying and am paying off all my easy pays. There is no way I feel comfortable enough to pre-order anything. QVC may be around longer than I think they will but I am not a gambler so I am not willing to take the chance.

Thank goodness Joseph Segel is not around to see what has happened to his dream.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@kittykatkay wrote:

....suga pie, honey bunch....

@kittykatkay 283917.gif

@KingstonsMom  283917.gifthe video

@Mz iMac ....I "Can't Help Myself", LOL.....

https://youtu.be/2ndnINyBPRU

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC should sell HSN IMO

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette 

@Krimpette wrote:

Actually, I'd prefer that they sell QVC and keep HSN which seems to be infinitely better run these days.  For example, I made a recent purchase on Tuesday and received it yesterday (Friday).  Better deals, coupons, discounts, and they even have customer service!

Glad for the prompt receipt of your order. The last two orders I have placed have taken three to four weeks to arrive. I am still waiting for a Colleen Lopez jacket that I ordered in June, and it shipped on June 26. I have been tracking it and it has sat in one town since July 3! 

I don't need the jacket now, so that is not a problem nor a reason for me to call them up. But I mention it only to say that items from HSN can take a long time too. And this is the second time within four weeks.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC should sell HSN IMO

[ Edited ]

@kittykatkay wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

Wah hoooooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

@Suziepeach ...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

@kittykatkay oh yeah!!

Image result for hugh jackman nod gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHqpyBs1FPE

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Nobody in their right mind would want HSN.  They've consistently lost money every quarter for years.  I can't understand why Qurate bought it.  It's a millstone around their neck.

@Kachina624 ....well, golly gumdrops.  Thanks, Kachina.  I guess I'm "not in my right mind", but it's okay.  I like me this way, lol.

@kittykatkay    Are you contemplating the purchase of HSN or just attempting to be cute?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
QVC now owns 100% of HSN per SEC filings.

Look it up.
Esteemed Contributor
"On December 31, 2018 Qurate Retail transferred its 100% ownership of HSN to QVC through a transaction among entities under common control."
Honored Contributor

Whatever the case of ownership, as long as HSN continues to have:  Curtis Stone, Wolfgang, Anna Griffin and other crafters,  Andrew Lessman, Jay King, and a few others, I'll continue to support them.