Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

I hope @JONNYSBRO doesn't mind we "derail" his/her thread. 

We think it's so much better to have fun on a thread and turn a sore subject around rather than have all kinds of disagreements.  Don't you agree, Jonnysboro?

Actually it's pretty rude.

Esteemed Contributor
I agree. It's far superior to QVC in terms of products and hosts.
Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC should sell HSN IMO

[ Edited ]

@Bri369  ..... I am in agreement. There are quite a few threads regarding this topic and the layoffs. Go over to them and turn their "sore subject around" with condemnation and humor. If you do I'll sit on the sidelines and watch.

@Bri369  ..... On the last part I wasn't referring to you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Bri369  ..... I am in agreement. There are quite a few threads regarding this topic and the layoffs. Go over to them and turn their "sore subject around" with condemnation and humor. if you do I'll sit on the sidelines and watch.

@Sheila P-Burg  Okay.  Thank you! 

It's actually against the standards here.  People have been banned for doing it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Imo QVC should focus on their own network and sell HSN to someone else. I preferred them as competitors versus in sync together. I honestly think the Q is spreading itself thin.

@JONNYSBRO 

It was an "odd" and not well thought out "marriage"....much like when the near bankrupt Sears and Kmart merged, and it certainly didn't help that situation and perhaps this Qurate idea will not help QVC either....

HSN has been struggling badly, QVC's sales/revenues haven't been that great either.....But what the "vision" was---Libertyinteractive (the parent company) thought by combining the companies/audiences....and get this...now don't laugh......"enable them to compete with Amazon".......not my idea, that was the brainchild of Libertyintereactive ......They have since abandonded the thought of taking on mighty Amazon.... 

And on top of this, the purchase of Zulily has also been a BIG MISTAKE....it started out good...but their sales have taken a tremendous downhill fall.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I agree. 

HSN had lost 7% in sales when Liberty Media bought it's remaining shares and losing money for a longer time.  Why drag QVC down by tying it to a company that was losing money?

To make sure, just confirmed the current president of both QVC and HSN, hired in 2019, came from Disney.  How is it some say HSN is run much better and smoother than QVC when both have the same president?

If these two are supposed to be independent, then why do they have the same president?

If QVC appears to be so dysfunctional, whose fault is it besides the president? 

Too many questions, no answers, a lot of speculation, but at this point, I would think QVC needs its own president who will concentrate only on its problems.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kittykatkay wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Nobody in their right mind would want HSN.  They've consistently lost money every quarter for years.  I can't understand why Qurate bought it.  It's a millstone around their neck.

@Kachina624 ....well, golly gumdrops.  Thanks, Kachina.  I guess I'm "not in my right mind", but it's okay.  I like me this way, lol.

@kittykatkay    Are you contemplating the purchase of HSN or just attempting to be cute?

@Kachina624 ...oh you know I'm just as "cute" as I can possibly be, lol.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Whatever the case of ownership, as long as HSN continues to have:  Curtis Stone, Wolfgang, Anna Griffin and other crafters,  Andrew Lessman, Jay King, and a few others, I'll continue to support them.

@Krimpette ....I second your quote.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how much of a drain this massive new warehouse has been on QVC's bottom line.  I wonder if it ever got up and running?  And wonder how much it cost!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I agree. 

HSN had lost 7% in sales when Liberty Media bought it's remaining shares and losing money for a longer time.  Why drag QVC down by tying it to a company that was losing money?

To make sure, just confirmed the current president of both QVC and HSN, hired in 2019, came from Disney.  How is it some say HSN is run much better and smoother than QVC when both have the same president?

If these two are supposed to be independent, then why do they have the same president?

If QVC appears to be so dysfunctional, whose fault is it besides the president? 

Too many questions, no answers, a lot of speculation, but at this point, I would think QVC needs its own president who will concentrate only on its problems.  

@Foxxee    I can't remember her name but it was announced last fall that QVC had a new president, a woman.  If she has done anything constructive, it's not noticable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment