Valued Contributor

Re: QVC should have learned from JCPenney

@kaydee50 completely agree. It's done. They can't compete with Amazon and other online sites. Too slow. Wayyyyy too slow shipping and returns. Bad website.
Honored Contributor

@SewHappy2That plan certainly tanked -  but JCP was having problems even before they hired Mr. Apple.   Still do -  just saw them on a list of companies needing a good holiday season --along with Macy's, Nordstrom, Kohl's, and more.

It's a sad time for those of us who like shopping traditional retail and probably even sadder for someone with aspirations for a career in retail.  

Honored Contributor

@SewHappy2 

I agree about the all night TSV re-run.  Why?  Because I live in Hawai'i & the TSV re-run start time is 8pm local time.  That's not overnight for HI customers.  I admit during the work week I'm generally in bed between 8-8:30pm so it's no big deal, but on Friday & Saturday night when I like to stay up a little later I would rather see a live show than a re-run.

Yes, they should ditch all the extra channels & go back to 1 QVC.  Well, selfishly I do ❤️ the beauty channel because most of my QVC shopping is beauty & fashion. 🤪

I like that you pointed out that there are those of us who do like QVC.  This weekend has been a lazy weekend with a sick husband, so I've spent more time on the boards than usual.  All I read is the negativity against QVC.  Geesh...that gets old.

I ❤️ QVC but no organization is perfect.  If these changes start to affect their bottom line in a negative way, changes will be made.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I still don't shop at JCP.  Their experiment was a disaster and it totally turned me off. 

I still like and watch QVC.  I still shop, and really like Q2 as long as they are showing something different from the main channel.

I did not watch in the middle of the night, but if they are not going to run live programming, at least show a VARIETY of reruns.

I have no problem with any of the hosts.  The ONLY host that I disliked has moved on to a new role on another shopping channel. 

Honored Contributor

I still purchase from QVC, but I rarely watch. I went from watching all of the time to mostly using the website. I don't want QVC to fail, I just don't know if tv shopping fits today's lifestyle. By all means send you suggestions, maybe it will help.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good luck with that... QVC has been getting meaningful feedback about their not particularly popular management choices now for the better part of the last decade and have made very few attempts to address the many concerns or solid suggestions tendered. Instead, as a retail entity they seem to continue on a downward spiral and pretty much any effort they now make to try to salvage their operation and move forward might well prove to be too little too late. I was once a regular viewer and somewhat prolific shopper, but have moved on and don't see myself coming back in any significant way. From their pricing to their ongoing costly and glitchy shipping to their redundancy to their dreadful website to their frantic host and vendor behaviors, QVC has a lot to do to once again become a viable option and, I would add, six or so hours a night of repeat presentations of over-priced candy apples is not a step in the right direction... I also agree with those who suggest TV based shopping might well have already seen its zenith and is simply becoming increasingly passe...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't believe they care how some people on this board feel about being entertained by QVC in the wee hours.  I'm also 100% certain that the problem with live programming in the late night hours is that the sales don't justify the expenses.  There's no profit in it, they probably lose money.  Most people sleep at night.  I say that because ALL of the shopping channels do encore programming during those hours and they have ALL been doing it for a very long time.  QVC.com is open and ready for business 24/7 so anyone who has an over powering urge to by leggings at 3:40am, has the opportunity to do that.  It's possible that they'll go back to live 24/7 shows as the holidays approach but none of the other shoppping channels ever did that.  

Trusted Contributor

All four major shopping channels (QVC, HSN, Evine, JTV) use recorded programs overnight.  More and more like a streaming service, which is where I think they may be in 10 years or so.  It is honestly a lot easier for me to go online to order - I can watch the presentation there, too.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't mind the "encore" programming at night, if they would VARY it.  Not the same program hour upon hour upon hour.  Who knows?  They might even sell something.  I can't believe they're doing a booming business repeating the TSV hour after hour.  But since I rarely watch during those hours, maybe things have changed.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 Do you believe that QVC may be transitioning to a format more like Amazon which is a true on-line company and that the Q may leave only some shows that are  hosted?  I see a great deal of advertising by the Q on my facebook page and on other sites where  shop.  I also get e-mails announcing specials and shipping updates.  Only problem is that when I try to click thru the e-mails I get a notice that says don recognize the IP or unrecornizable host.  I believe if they are going this way they should hire a new IT consultant who can clean up the computer mess. Also they can look at places where customers can drop off returns such as the arrangement Kohls has with Amazon