Regular Contributor

QVC should have learned from JCPenney

This is for those of us who still LIKE QVC, want it to succeed and enjoy watching and shopping.  I know that many on these boards, don't watch, don't buy, don't like the hosts or products, but some of us do.  I hope that those who want it to stay around will take the time and make your feelings known. Write, e-mail, contact customer service and tell them that if they continue to make changes that are not an improvement, they will lose business.  

Remember when JCPenney brought in a whiz kid from Apple to totally re-vamp the store?  Out with the sales!  Gone are the sales clerks!  Refit the stores so it loooks like a mall.  Where'd that get them?  People complained and they reversed course.

My biggest complaint is this infomercial repeat all night/morning long.  New bosses always come in and want to save money, mostly through personnel.  Better they should shut down the 3 extra channels and focus on one first rate broadcast.

Anyway, just my vent.  Thanks for reading and I hope people will take the time to let them know how we feel.

Contributor

Re: QVC should have learned from JCPenney

And how about they focus on quality products???? How many times, and for HOW many YEARS are they going to present the SAME OLD stuff???? Example:  3 EVOO spray bottles; GERMACK on EVERY food show; same old same old same old products.  Even favortie shows like IKWD has the same products over and over over.  Get new marketing people because it just isn't working......There!  now I feel better Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Good suggestions but I think contacting CS is a waste of time.  I'd  go straight for the executive suite where the people who actually make decisions sit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The extra channel (for me) is nice when there is something on the regular channel I am not interested in BUT I would much rather people keep their jobs so if getting rid of the extra channel would do that, then go back to the original format...one channel.

I wonder if there is evidence that showing the TSV ALL THE TIME is a money maker? 

Back in the day they would run specials during the night...on occasion I would wake up to see a great sale price on something and would order it.  

Respected Contributor

@SewHappy2    Good idea.  Everyone who would like to participate can easity do it from your computer.  Just send an email with your comments through a link at the bottom of the home page. 

I believe that the comments expressed here make their way to senior management.  If they don't, that is a huge missed opportunity.

I will take your suggestion and email them today.  My suggestions will be several ways that I think they can make QVC better for their customers, and not just a rant about the hosts I don't care for, or the products I don't care for, keeping in mind they are a business and are driven by the bottom line..

Good suggestion for those of us that enjoy these boards, do some shopping with QVC, and would like them to succeed.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@vickyh2 wrote:

And how about they focus on quality products???? How many times, and for HOW many YEARS are they going to present the SAME OLD stuff???? Example:  3 EVOO spray bottles; GERMACK on EVERY food show; same old same old same old products.  Even favortie shows like IKWD has the same products over and over over.  Get new marketing people because it just isn't working......There!  now I feel better Smiley Wink

I don't disagree but if it didn't sell, they wouldn't carry it.

DV could sell ice cubes to an Eskimo, Q should experiment with a few different vendors sometimes.   All I seem to see is food, which I will not buy, Temptations & Lock & Lock.  I no longer watch.   No one even cooks anymore.

Regular Contributor

I agree with your post. I have gotten very frustrated with Q lately. As a consequence, I don't purchase as much as I use to, in fact very little lately. Having said that there are somethings I can't get other places, D&C pluse size petite pants/jeans that fit for example. I'm with you about concentrating on 1 programming show & doing it well. Hopefully they will also fix the IT and shipping problems. These problems need to get worked out. I don't want Q to fail just find it's way to being a great company. 

Honored Contributor

The idea of 24-hr -live- broadcasting is dated.

Once I saw the special Christmas broadcasting many years ago,

I always through why didn't they go that route?  Like infomercials

on repeat...filming once & broadcasting it over & over.

I really don't understand the benefits of live TV....🤷‍♀️

I even thought it would be nice to have overnight hours dedicated

to soft music...and maybe that "TV fireplace' showing...with a scroll

or side bar of different products w/out the talking. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2DogsI assume they are gathering evidence for what's happening now, but I feel strongly QVC has evidence that the cost of production for live overnight shows was more than they were bringing in or not enough profit weighed against the risk. Retail is too cut-throat right now to give up lots of hours of decent profits.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think the days of TV "shopping" are numbered.  It lasted a long time--almost 40 years--but with so many other options it has become obsolete.

Rarely watch.  Only order from LTS or other markdowns and that seldom.