Honored Contributor

Re: QVC should bring LR back as an executive for QVC

It's HIGHLY unlikely that Lisa is behind any of the OP's statements.  

Lisa is bright and savvy.  Executive material? -- I have no idea.

But any executive, potential or otherwise, would not stoop to idiotic posts about bringing yourself on as an executive, and then citing a non-compete period.  A non-compete has nothing whatsoever to do with hiring someone at the SAME company in another job.  Non-compete means just that - competition between companies.  

If I were Lisa I'd be embarrassed to be connected with a poster who fawns this much.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Noting the OP's numeruos LR threads, she really needs to get a(nother) hobby and broaden her horizons. This is just getting booorrring! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

No question Lisa R was great at creating excitement about products as well as selling the product. I have purchased many great ideas from the Q during the LIsa R tenure. She chose to move on to other opportunities   Twenty Four years is a long time to work for a company.  She is single and free to change her life as she wishes.  Good luck Lisa R in all of your future endeavors.

Valued Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Honestly Lisa is very missed it will be a yearsce she left. HonestlyQVC should pay her millions to be an executive or viceprexy for the company in developing new brands and new sales toQVC. What a benefit toQVC to increase sales plus in addition have her return on air to representGILI. This woman should be paid millions to return asQVC had a very stale 2015

I have no earthly who LR is other than a host.  Is she the Lisa that always had her lips outlined in dark brown?  Not that this matters.  Just my opinion but if she was a great host or not does not qualify her to be a CEO of any company unless she opens her own or has the education and job experience to perform the job.  Being an CEO or Executive of a Corporation is not a piece of cake and being a host is not normally a qualified skill to perform the job.  Not trying to be rude, but just my opinion.  Nothing againt LR as I am not certain which host she was.

On my Comcast TV Guide it said that the 8pm show will be hosted by Lisa Robertson (Posh Presents).  Was this a mistake?  Maybe the technician used  the same video as last years show?  On QVC guide it said that Jane Treacy is hosting this show.  What's the story?

Contributor

I can't say that I like her or dislike her...I don't know her as a person...only as a host.  My problem with her was that her voice was so grating to me and I couldn't stand to sit through a whole hour of listening to her with her flippant comments and goofy 'jokes'.  If she comes back as an exec behind the scenes, that's great.  But please not on camera. Just MHO 

Contributor

I agree.  I don't miss her at all.  I couldn't sit through an hour of listening to her and always switched channels when she came on.  

Super Contributor

I would start my own business but I am afraid i would give up my current 20 hour a day job and end up continuing to work 20 hour days if not longer.