Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC shipping is out if control,,,,

I agree 100% that the shipping charges are over the top but, if I really want something I "bite the bullett " & buy the item & forget about it .... otherwise I would be going crazy  looking in the stores for the product or something similar  .... my time is more important to me!!  

New Contributor

I did exactly the same thing. Between us they lost 6 sets!

New Contributor

I also thought the insulated shopping bags were a great gift idea until I realized that the shipping was 5.50 per order. How much can 5 bags that fold into a pouch that fits in your hand weigh? I was going to order 2 sets but decided not to order ANY!  2 orders canceled due to extremely HIGH shipping costs. I can see a coat costing $5.50  to ship but not Spurdles or shopping bags! QVC get with it !  I am a very unhappy customer who will shop somewhere else for gifts!!!!  Smiley Sad

I sometimes think that they charge a higher shipper charge to cover their lower price on an item.....you think you are getting a bargain...then when you see what the total cost of

the item is you can be very surprised.....I think twice about ordering an item after I see the total cost.  I also have been shopping at the "other" company more due to the shipping charges.

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I tried putting in an order for an "as is" Christmas item.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't go through stating it couldn't be shipped to address shown.  I then put in the order for same item selling at full price and guess what...no problem with shipping to my address at full price!  Really?  This kinda stuff makes me angry.

Just not what I would call good business.

Trusted Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

I hear the cries but I'm not convinced the Q is way off base on shipping charges.  Last month I ordered and returned a winter coat to Talbots - I had to pay to get the coat to me - - and was charged just under $7 to return it.  Sound familar?  However, on the flip side:   yesterday ordered a king size comforter from Macy's and got $50 off AND free shipping.  

Just was looking at Meredith's cookbook for the Fryer and QVC wants $5.50 to ship it. Media Mail (mailing anything book, pamphlet and paper related) is minimal!  Very cheap to mail so I don't understand this price point at all.....

While mailing something Media Mail may be relatively inexpensive for a book, are you taking into account that QVC has to cover packaging, labor, and insurance?  These costs do indeed add up.

We know QVC's shipping charges.  They have made the decision to itemize them separately rather than build them into base pricing and delude customers imto thinking that "free shipping" is an actual thing (I know many here believe it, but it is not).

Regular Contributor

To Circles:  The shipping charges are HIGH no matter if QVC has 6 easy pays or not..Those SPURTLES for instance...They are lightweight and want to charge us 5.50 a set to ship!!!  Thats OUTRAGES!!!  Especially when buying multiples

Regular Contributor

To Snicksnick:  I so agree!!!  MANY of us LOYAL shoppers are doing the same!!!  When wanting to buy multiples, the shipping charges are outrages!!! COME ON QVC!!!

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I agree 100% that the shipping charges are over the top but, if I really want something I "bite the bullett " & buy the item & forget about it .... otherwise I would be going crazy  looking in the stores for the product or something similar  .... my time is more important to me!!  

That's me. I don't buy much at QVC, and when I do it's usually for holiday gifts. I needed some gifts for neighbors, stocking stuffer types, and put the CA Innovations insulated shopping bags in my cart. Shipping was something like 5.50+ for bags that weigh NOTHING. The "gift boxes" (hahaha) weigh more than the item. No reason at all this shouldn't ship for $3.  Then add the tax. The price of the item is now not $25 but $38 - for grocery totes! 

Yes, I had thought about buying two sets, but no way in...heck. I actually thought long and hard before even buying ONE set, but in the end I did - and DO feel ripped off. But yes, when we buy a specific product for specific people, that happens sometimes, even on Amazon. Still leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@lyn61...I'd love to only have to pay $5.50 for shipping. Multiply that 3x and that is what those of us who live in HI & AK have to pay. There is absolutely no reason for that. Even QVC vendors have free shipping, which is why most of my business goes directly to the vendor (IT, WEN, Paula's Choic & others).

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.