Regular Contributor

QVC shipping is out if control,,,,

I'm speechless with the crazy high shipping charges QVC is now doing, How many people are going to buy multiples if an item when the ship is 5.50? I just started watching the" other" shopping channel, hs_.they seem to have much better ship deals!###,,SORRY QVC, BUT YOUR GOING TO LOSE ALOT OF BUSINESS...PLUS RETURNING AN ITEM TO YOU COST US A FORTUNE TO RETURN!!
Super Contributor

Re: QVC shipping is out if control,,,,

I agree. The other channel almost always has free shipping on their value of the day. Last week it was free shipping on all of the host gift picks. I am shopping more and more there. Lately I find myself not hitting the submit order button here at the Q when I am presented with my final total. I start out thinking that I have found a good deal and then poof, I go and look and I can get the same item cheaper in a lot of cases using my amazon prime. 

Esteemed Contributor

I started to order several sets of the spurtle product on the show with Carolyn this morning!  Then I saw that each set was $5.50 to ship!!!  Three sets would have been $16.50 to ship to me...the cost of one set!! Cancelled my order!!

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed that all the shipping is much higher today...I guess that makes up for them offering 6 ez pays...I did buy two items but I am going to be cautious on what and if I buy anything else today...

Esteemed Contributor

I hear the cries but I'm not convinced the Q is way off base on shipping charges.  Last month I ordered and returned a winter coat to Talbots - I had to pay to get the coat to me - - and was charged just under $7 to return it.  Sound familar?  However, on the flip side:   yesterday ordered a king size comforter from Macy's and got $50 off AND free shipping.  

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I hear the cries but I'm not convinced the Q is way off base on shipping charges.  Last month I ordered and returned a winter coat to Talbots - I had to pay to get the coat to me - - and was charged just under $7 to return it.  Sound familar?  However, on the flip side:   yesterday ordered a king size comforter from Macy's and got $50 off AND free shipping.  

Just was looking at Meredith's cookbook for the Fryer and QVC wants $5.50 to ship it. Media Mail (mailing anything book, pamphlet and paper related) is minimal!  Very cheap to mail so I don't understand this price point at all.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Like some of you, my main problem is when ordering multiples; there are mail order houses that will lump all shipping charges together, not charging for each one individually, and that can include all kinds of items.

Three dollars is very inexpensive for shipping  certain selected items but the charges for many others are still quite high.  Using one of those "convenient" return labels can often prove very expensive for the convenience and no refunds on shipping charges can really hurt.

I'm with you ladies about shopping HSN but I've not found Evine to be as cooperative when returning something.  Once bought a watch that had a mark on the front of the case.  They wouldn't refund my money until the watch had been examined.  But I've seen other comments about how much others love shopping there.

Glad I'm not tempted to order as much as I once did, most fashion items are just the same versions of what is already out there; with sometimes just a little update. And for anyone on a limited budget, watching those escalating prices is not good.

Respected Contributor

If memory serves me right, before the latest shipping charge change policies, people were all over this board complaining about Q shipping charges......they made changes and people are still up in arms........

I think a lot of the new charges are to discourage the amount of returns (which must be monumental) and to discourage people who order multiples of the same item and send back all but one......

It is what it is.....I don't feel tricked or fooled and I think it's the Q's right to charge what they want as long as they tell us up front.....they're not making up do business with them.

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately it is best not to buy multiples. The shipping is too high. For the Christmas season they should change it because that is when we tend to buy more of one item. 

Respected Contributor

Not to mention that QVC does not even supply a label that allows for the returner to pay shipping charges separately from the pre-paid shippping charges.  They used to send this kind of a label, but not recently.  The return charges certainly makes me think twice about ordering anything.