Honored Contributor

Re: QVC seems so out of touch with what’s going on in the world

@jackthebear wrote:

even though I complain about the Q I think they realize viewers view it (bad english) as a respite from the constant bad news.

so far its fine. 

I watch MEtv to get a break from the news.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

IMO the QVC hosts are trying to be a ray of fresh air and happiness to the public right now when everywhere else it is doom and gloom.  I appreciate being able to tune in to such upbeat broadcasting. They are trying to simply be good happy company IMO while stating they are here to keep us company, and if we buy fine, but more just a friendly voice right now.  I think QVC is doing an outstanding job.  If we want to get down in the dumps, turn off QVC and watch the news channel.  BTW, all this negative press was not present in the past more severe flu/virus outbreaks that killed many more than this has thus far; in their nightly news, it was kinda just an afterthought how many died that day.  Today, while I am not minimzing the seriousness of this at all, especially to our older population with serious underlying health conditions, the press is over reporting it, and even sneakily politicizing it,  just IMO.  And I am in the more at risk age group.  I will continue to enjoy QVC and thank them for their upbeat onair personality.

Who is going to buy a bed right now?  Is that something anyone is worried about plus the majority of QVC customers are OUT OF WORK.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@just wonder wrote:

IMO the QVC hosts are trying to be a ray of fresh air and happiness to the public right now when everywhere else it is doom and gloom.  I appreciate being able to tune in to such upbeat broadcasting. They are trying to simply be good happy company IMO while stating they are here to keep us company, and if we buy fine, but more just a friendly voice right now.  I think QVC is doing an outstanding job.  If we want to get down in the dumps, turn off QVC and watch the news channel.  BTW, all this negative press was not present in the past more severe flu/virus outbreaks that killed many more than this has thus far; in their nightly news, it was kinda just an afterthought how many died that day.  Today, while I am not minimzing the seriousness of this at all, especially to our older population with serious underlying health conditions, the press is over reporting it, and even sneakily politicizing it,  just IMO.  And I am in the more at risk age group.  I will continue to enjoy QVC and thank them for their upbeat onair personality.

Who is going to buy a bed right now?  Is that something anyone is worried about plus the majority of QVC customers are OUT OF WORK.

@SeaMaiden   I was thinking the same thing. The economy is in the toilet. Folks may be watching Q for entertainment to avoid more virus news, but I doubt few are purchasing expensive items...beds, jewelry, clothing or electronics. People are more concerned w/ their next paycheck.

Honored Contributor

Now is a time in which I will only be buying needs and not wants. Financial situation is unknown at this time and even if I were to be sent a check for $1000.00 it would be used for bills, food, and other necessities, not shopping from QVC.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN   The sites I usually shop online are offering free shipping and greatly reduced prices. They're feeling the pinch as well. The B&M stores may be closed and assume online shopping is the way to go, but it's still spending money that I'm watching very carefully.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Now is a time in which I will only be buying needs and not wants. Financial situation is unknown at this time and even if I were to be sent a check for $1000.00 it would be used for bills, food, and other necessities, not shopping from QVC.

I believe most people are feeling the same way.  I believe the shopping channels will feel the pinch.  I still enjoy JTV.  Love watching jewelry shows.  I may purchase a ring here and there because their prices are really but nothing major. Jewelry still makes me smileSmiley Happy  

Trusted Contributor

I don't think they are out of touch. I think they are just trying to be as normal as possible, as opposed to our media that just seem to enjoy fueling our fears by constantly broadcasting doom and gloom. Jane can be a bit over the top, I have to agree, but, I will take that any day over the other.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.