Frequent Contributor

QVC seems so out of touch with what’s going on in the world

I know it’s a delicate and serious topic, but the Q really seems out of touch with the world events. Jane is a classic example right now, but she’s not alone. She needs to tone it down just a notch or two. The hyper, motor-mouth, selling style seems so out of synch right now.
Respected Contributor

Re: QVC seems so out of touch with what’s going on in the world

I disagree.  I think the more business-as-usual, the better.  It is not like QVC can do anything about it.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I respectively disagree.  I view it as a respite from the virus repoting.  

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I think QVC should to what they are supposed to do. I like Jane.

Honored Contributor

I just want them to stop touching the guests and keep their hands out of their nose ( Shawn )

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I know what you mean.  I wouldn't want QVC hosts to discuss events in the news - they are a nice respite from all that - but it would be nice if hosts' demeanor was somewhat in synch with their viewers.  Not morose, just less bubbly and over-the-top.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just want them to stop touching the guests and keep their hands out of their nose ( Shawn )

----------------

And hair...so many of the hosts are constantly touching their hair.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jane has always been one who can work my nerves, but that said, good for her for operating on a 'business as usual' basis. There has been enough obsessive discussion, near hysteria, awful-izing and angst appearing on these boards recently to last for freaking ever. It accomplishes nothing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I understand where the OP is coming from....cheerleading during a rainfall is a challenge.  On the other side, the hosts have a job to do.  I wonder if there is a middle ground, where the hard sell could be a bit more soft-spoken considering/respecting the tone of the country.