Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC sales down without Lisa Robertson

[ Edited ]

IT is true that overall sales were down the last quarter of 2016 however since La Lisa's  specialty was fashion it should be noted that one of the areas that actually showed growth was fashion with no Lisa selling for them.  WHat about those statistics OP?

Honored Contributor

Why were my posts deleted & not challenging moderation..  other pictures are up...  mine were to prove a point..  so double standard around here anymore..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lisa is not the reason for falling sales.  She wasn't god and didn't control anything.  She was just a salesperson, nothing more.

Q's sales continue to fall because they insist on selling the same 10-12 products, or variations thereof, week after week after week after week.   The same holiday products are shown year after year.  The same garden stuff, the same food, the same mattresses, food processors/mixers, computers (most aren't even the current models), and on and on and on.

Q also prefers new customers rather than doing what's needed to retain existing customers.  Repeat customers keep businesses going, not the one-time-buying new customer.   

In addition, most of what Q sells now can be purchased for less at other retailers.  Most other retailers also offer free shipping that actually arrives in 2-4 days.  Why would I pay more for something at Q?  

Super Contributor

IMG_0680.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If they delete all posts unrelated to Q - there would be no forum.

Why do people open this thread  unless they are looking to cause a problem.

If all the people who are yelling and insulting would not post on this thread would have dropped and been gone in a couple of minutes.

Respected Contributor

(IMO) QVC's decline is NOT due to Lisa Robinson's departure. It is due to expensive merchandise, HIGH shipping, low quality  items, MANY hosts who need re-training or replacing.

I am hardly watching or buying these days, due to ALL the above.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart  I second everything you have said.  I do not watch anymore, just check in as I pass by.  I really don't know any of the new hosts let alone follow any of the older ones.  

I buy by price and I look for free shipping. MY GENERAL RULE OF ONLINE SHOPPING.  And I will wait it out for AS IS if I can catch it.  If I do see something that interests me I do one of two things.

1.  Look for it or something like it for a better price somewhere else.

2.  Put it in my shopping cart and look a few weeks later for the AS IS version

I save lots, satisfy my wants and needs  and just feel good about my purchasing ability.  

Respected Contributor

I always enjoyed Lisa R.  In fact I even enjoyed their stable of stars more then - Rick Domier, Jill Bauer, Mary Beth and Jane Treacy.  These hosts are head and shoulders above all the rest.  They are all smooth showrunners, effective sales people and it shows.   It was the best when Lisa R was part of that mix.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...