Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's ""Send Off"" for Kirk's Folly - Disgraceful

On 3/8/2014 Venezia said:
On 3/8/2014 SPURT said:
On 3/7/2014 GoodStuff said:

I was never impressed with the KF jewelry line and am not surprised that it has been discontinued. Apparently this line didn't have a large following, and QVC is using its air time and resources to support sellers that make money for them. Of course, I'm not personally impressed with some of their other jewelry lines, either........but if they're selling well, I can certainly see why QVC supports them. It's a <em>business</em>, folks. All the warm and fuzzy "family vibe" is secondary to business realities.

BUT I will agree with you ....You are so right!, all the warm and fuzzy "family vibe" isn't working---QVC needs to stop with "the hosts are your friends" and let's chat and interacting with the hosts on Facebook is NOT working either!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

But...but...but.....do you mean they're lying to us? We're not really family???

But they've just said in their post about security (and the change to passwords) "We see you as an important member of our QVC family."

Say it isn't so! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

But Venezia.....being "family" is one of QVC's FAVORITE sales gimmicks.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2014 SPURT said:
On 3/8/2014 SPURT said:

I was never impressed with the KF jewelry line and am not surprised that it has been discontinued. Apparently this line didn't have a large following, and QVC is using its air time and resources to support sellers that make money for them. Of course, I'm not personally impressed with some of their other jewelry lines, either........but if they're selling well, I can certainly see why QVC supports them. It's a <em>business</em>, folks. All the warm and fuzzy "family vibe" is secondary to business realities.

BUT I will agree with you ....You are so right!, all the warm and fuzzy "family vibe" isn't working---QVC needs to stop with "the hosts are your friends" and let's chat and interacting with the hosts on Facebook is NOT working either!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

But they've just said in their post about security (and the change to passwords) "We see you as an important member of our QVC family."

But Venezia.....being "family" is one of QVC's FAVORITE sales gimmicks.....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

WAAAAHHHHH!!!! I've just lost my whole extended family! Crushed and disillusioned.

{#emotions_dlg.sad}{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2014 SPURT said:
On 3/8/2014 stevieb said:

If you're talking about that color blocked nightmare, I thought it resembled a modified wetsuit... It was dreadful. Looked like something out of the 60's and I don't think it went over that well... Didn't hear a word about it selling out...

As Gili gets to be more and more of a factor, I really wonder how involved Lisa truly is in the 'design' of this stuff. It seems to me they're just trying to use their 'Lisa connection' to market another house brand, that now includes clothing, accessories, jewelry and shoes... Think about it, when the LRS started out, there was the occasional Gili piece, but now that's virtually all there is to the whole show. Gili bags, Gili shoes, Gili Bronzo (oy, like we needed THAT), and Gili attire...

Yes the color blocked one.....a wetsuit.....you got it!!!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I think Gili started out as "dumbing down" a high priced item that Lisa owned or liked and bringing it to QVC....now it appears it's just a common item out there in the market place.....And Im getting a bit irritated when watching PM Style and she keeps pointing out all the shoes, (especially the shoes)and the bronzo jewelry, handbags that are GILI and she's going to be featuring on her own show ad nauseum....such crass advertising on her part{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Of course, PMS latest offerings havent been anything to shout about anyway with nothing but Whirly, Bag Lady, and Dancing Prancing Renee.....{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} But it appears they want LRS to be considered "high end" "latest and greatest" just so they can overcharge for everything......and the customer can imagine they are Lisa's minime.....Stevie, as you so eloquently put it....NEXT!

The promotion is getting legion for the Gili stuff. No matter what show she's hosting, there's always got to be SOME reference to the latest but maybe not so greatest Gili item (at least if that awful wet-suit of a dress is any indication...). But of course they're going to do it. Gili is nothing more than yet another house brand now and a newer one at that so they're going to hop on any and every opportunity to push it...

It strikes me that maybe it's a good thing that there's now so little reason for me to turn on QVC. If I watched any more of it than I do, I'd probably be ready for the rubber room...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2014 Venezia said:
On 3/9/2014 SPURT said:
On 3/8/2014 SPURT said:

WAAAAHHHHH!!!! I've just lost my whole extended family! Crushed and disillusioned.

{#emotions_dlg.sad}{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Now, now ladies... Chin up. After all, moms will ALWAYS be moms...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Frightening, isn't it...

Honored Contributor

Thank you, SPURT and stevieb, for the laughs! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I for one think that Home Shopping is on the way out and has seen its hay day. HSN and The Q are both struggling for things to sell. HSN is for the most part all makeup and The Q is cooking, jewelry and Dyson. They are both beginning to look like infomercials. The clothes on both are hideous, some of the shoes are nice but much to expensive. The jewelry is nothing but overpriced cheap pieces that do not last more than 2 wearings before the finish wears off. Afraid to buy the "Real" stuff from an infomercial so I will stick with jewelers I know.

There is just not enough to keep me interested anymore watching the same old presentations over and over word for word. Even the added antics of the host's (dancing and singing") don't get it for me.

I say get rid of everyone and start over.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Well one thing for sure, it's seems they're well on their way to getting rid of a lot...

With the decrease in vendors, brands and product variety comes the repetition and the boredom.