Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's holiday selections

@ncascade wrote:

It is more than about jewelry. Too many electronic things, too many gadgets. I do not like the overly long presentations.

On another note: Asked a greeter at a B&M store about business and she said black Friday was "dead". The few stores we have been to are not super busy-maybe this week.

There is nothing new on Q....holiday or not.  it's a repeat of the same 10-12 products or variations thereof.  I used to watch a lot but I haven't watch much in 2-3 years at least.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

It looked just like last year to me.

and the year before.....and before.......

Honored Contributor

@deja vu wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

It looked just like last year to me.

ITA......I look at "items recently shown" on the computer usually once a day. Majority of items looked like last year, etc.

LOL - I would expect that kind of a comment from a poster named deja vu. LOL! Smiley Happy

Contributor

I totally agree with all here that have said how awful the gift selections were this holiday season. I have not watched the Q since October. I can't stand the Christmas push since July.  The Q's spring will probably begin next week haha!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the posters here also. The only thing I bought here for a Christmas gift was the set of 4 Luminara candles.

Honored Contributor

The holiday selections have not been holiday selections at all.  They are the same products offered all year long and for the last 10 holiday seasons.  I used to watch a lot of Q because they had interesting products that I couldn't always find locally or at other retailers.  That's not the case today.   

Before I buy anything from Q, I check other online retailers.   Most offer free shipping and promotion codes for discounted prices.  Why would I pay full price plus shipping both ways for the exact same thing?   

Respected Contributor

The only thing I purchased for gifts was the set of 12 Philosophy Christmas scent 3 in 1 and aloe socks. I just find the last month or so being nothing but clearing the warehouse push of TSV's that did not sell out. Have not been watching because find it a big bore when they stay on one product so long. Also reviews of many of the items they are pushing right now are not good. Don't look for much improvement in varieties coming year. Think generally speaking retail sales may be down. Interesting that one company I have purchased from in past but not this year has called me twice to first ask if I received their Christmas Catalog and then asking if I had any questions. Second call asked if they could take my order, that one irritated me.
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

If I never see another RFID wallet presentation, and hear another host horror story it will be

too soon !!

Or a marvelous Shrug....and how many brands of plush throws do we need? 

Esteemed Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Decorating shows and Posh even were all boring.  This is when I miss Lisa R.

Alberti should do a decorating show 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As they get down to the wire, it gets worse and worse. I didn't even think that was possible.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...