Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's Veterans Day Weekend Sale!? Not Very Good!

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

QVC  doesn't sell things I can't live without or (for the most part) can't buy elsewhere. I might wait a certain amount of time (a month? 2 weeks?) for a large purchase I think might be on sale somewhere (nowhere in particular, just somewhere) to see what I can get for the price I'm willing to spend. But waiting to see what QVC might have on sale - no, never. The idea makes me smile. Their sales aren't sales, they're just price manipulations, and the determining factor is what are they trying to clear out of stock so they don't take too big a loss. If they din't want it, chances are other customers don't want it, and I won't either.

"Price manipulations", yes... I like that... Pretty much nails it, doesn't it... Well put...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb yes, I agree. No matter what they call them, the products are just the same old QVC stuff and that doesn't inspire me to watch.
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

QVC  doesn't sell things I can't live without or (for the most part) can't buy elsewhere. I might wait a certain amount of time (a month? 2 weeks?) for a large purchase I think might be on sale somewhere (nowhere in particular, just somewhere) to see what I can get for the price I'm willing to spend. But waiting to see what QVC might have on sale - no, never. The idea makes me smile. Their sales aren't sales, they're just price manipulations, and the determining factor is what are they trying to clear out of stock so they don't take too big a loss. If they din't want it, chances are other customers don't want it, and I won't either.

@Moonchilde You're so right.  I remember reading on the boards back when I was new to QVC that when QVC bought all the stock of some vendor and gave us the resulting "great prices," it was because they bought some discontinued or older things that most customers had moved beyond already.

I think it might have been @hckynutjohn who wrote that educational post.  (To this day, I see that name and think "hickory" instead of "hockey" even though I know better.) 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

QVC  doesn't sell things I can't live without or (for the most part) can't buy elsewhere. I might wait a certain amount of time (a month? 2 weeks?) for a large purchase I thinSok might be on sale somewhere (nowhere in particular, just somewhere) to see what I can get for the price I'm willing to spend. But waiting to see what QVC might have on sale - no, never. The idea makes me smile. Their sales aren't sales, they're just price manipulations, and the determining factor is what are they trying to clear out of stock so they don't take too big a loss. If they din't want it, chances are other customers don't want it, and I won't either.

@Moonchilde You're so right.  I remember reading on the boards back when I was new to QVC that when QVC bought all the stock of some vendor and gave us the resulting "great prices," it was because they bought some discontinued or older things that most customers had moved beyond already.

I think it might have been @hckynutjohn who wrote that educational post.  (To this day, I see that name and think "hickory" instead of "hockey" even though I know better.) 

So, what we're buying are often "overstocks," but we're paying more than overstock prices.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 or out of date items that are being replaced by a newer version.

Honored Contributor

And @handygal2@GinaV24... a limited array of overstock and outdated items at that !!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...