Honored Contributor

The Q is now using a Smart Label which costs less for the Q but takes longer to get to its destination.  I gave my postal lady a box with the Q's label on 8/5 and as of 8/15 it is still in Illinois and will be shipped out.  The only thing I can figure out is when using this less expensive label, your package is on a low priority sort.  That's my guess because otherwise it takes 2 days First Class mail to get from IL to PA.  So what normally is 2 to 3 days is now 6 to 7 or more.  Keep that in mind if you are returning something 20 days into the 30 allowed.  You may need to use your own method of mailing so it won't take so long.  Sometimes the Q uses UPS/USPS which takes longer but not as long as Fed Ex/USPS which is totally ridiculous.  HeartCat Tongue

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

What is the cost of this "reduced price Smart label"?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom,   It's no savings for us but a savings for QVC.  We still pay the $6,95.  It just takes much longer to get to its destination.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

The day you mail it or send it back is what counts.  They get the date when the package is scanned.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC's New Mailing Label

[ Edited ]

@Magny wrote:

The day you mail it or send it back is what counts.  They get the date when the package is scanned.

-------------------------

My problem is that my post office/post people aren't scanning the packages!  I give them to my postman and his scanning machine gives him a message "this label cannot be scanned from the road"!!  

I gave two returns to a substitute post person on the 9th of August and QVC cannot find any notice of them - no scanning and no tracking!! The CS person told me that they cannot find anything if the packages are not scanned.  I think it is both QVC's and post office's issue because it is their return process.

Contributor

It also takes over 2 weeks to get a refund due to this method. In addition to this, I have been receiving labels that are not self adhesive. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

Thanks for explaining! I thought you meant that Q now has a cheaper cost return label, but it took longer to be received by Q, than the current return label, (as if that's possible, LOL!)

I only used the Q label once when they first started using them and when I saw how long it took to get my refund, I never used them again.

I found that I can usually send items back cheaper (or very close to the cost of the Q label) myself using USPS priority mail, which includes $50 insurance and is delivered in 2 business days.

If I don't get my refund after 5 working days of them receiving it, I call CS, give them the tracking info showing when they received the return and they immediately give me credit.

I will admit that I don't order really expensive or large, heavy items from Q, so those item may be cheaper with the label, as long as you don't mind it taking so long to get your refund.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Charlie Bear,  A label with no adhesive -- that's wonderful.  Now that you mention it, a couple of times I was receiving paper descriptions and a paper label but that was several months ago for me.  Right now I have two different labels and descriptions from the Q.  Maybe they are trying to decide what works best.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I absolutely HATE those new labels.  They separate, often they aren't sticky on the return labels and so on and so on.

QVC must be getting a good discount rate on sending things with this label, otherwise I don't know why they'd use them.

I don't know who's fault it is (i.e. QVC's or the mailing company but it takes way longer now for QVC to even acknowledge that I've returned my item.

It used to be acknowledged withing 1 day that it was on it's way back to QVC.  Now I mailed back several items last week and I STILL have not received notification that it's on it's way.  My brain says it's either the Post Office's fault or QVC's fault.  However, I find it interesting that this problem just started happening and it is when QVC uses this mailing company.

I noticed a difference immediately when they started using this company.  It takes a very long time for me to receive my packages also.  

Trusted Contributor

AND -- this actually makes the new "free exchanges" null and void, in my opinion.  By the time your package gets back to QVC, there is a good possibility that the item you are trying to exchange is already out of stock.  If they want to really do a free exchange, we should be able to call in and at least reserve the item in the size or color we are looking for until they receive our original item purchased.