Trusted Contributor

QVC's Acquisition of Several Companies

I just read that the CFO of QVC is stepping down for a different position. In the article. it states that QVC owns Grandin Road, and other companies you may know:

“Ted has been an important member of our executive team for more than four years, providing strategic insight as we have transformed our organization,” said Mike George, CEO, QVC. “ I want to thank Ted for his many contributions, including unifying Global Finance as a partnership-oriented team, the creation of our Global Business Services in Poland, and his role in the recent acquisitions that brought zulily, HSN, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements into our family of companies.”

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's Acquisition of Several Companies

That's interesting @flickerbulb.  QVC didn't really acquire any of these companies though.  Their parent company did.  According to Google the parent company is Liberty Interactive.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Many of the above mentioned companies were owned by HSN, so that makes sense.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the parent company should get their act together and make improvements with the quality of merchandise they sell as well as improving customer service before buying up more businesses..........sometimes bigger is not better!  JMO

Honored Contributor

Ted was hired from Hershey's back in July 2013........

ttps://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/qvc-appoints-ted-jastrzebski-hershey-guy-as-chief-financial-officer/

It seems QVC doesnt seem to hire the right Executives as one can tell from declining revenues, their 2017 4th quarter and yearly results will be announced soon.....I wonder if poor results sparked the Q's Mike George to make yet another change..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”