Super Contributor

The Christmas push began in July this year and has never stopped. I remember the early days of television shopping. It was fun. They had items that were inexpensive and sometimes actually novel. Ever since these TV sales companies were bought up by the big multinational corporations (like almost everything else in this country) the sales are mostly for big ticket items that they spend most of an hour incessantly talking about. Most of their best sales people are gone. It is not entertaining anymore. The really sad thing is that since everything is now manufactured on the other side of the world by huge corporations innovation has just about disappeared everywhere.

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't you be way more surprised if we all wanted the same thing or felt the same way about money?  

How would you expect us to think alike?

Occasional Contributor

I confess I love the multiples.  In our family we tend to do a lot of gifts rather than one big one.  So last year I bought the set of 4 Kuhn Rokon Shears and everybody got a set, this year I picked up the magnetic sheaths for them.  Multi packs of flashlights make great stocking stuffers for the men in my life as they tend to lose them continuously.  Large Philosophy or make up gift sets get split between my mom and sister.  We all three love the big set of small Philosopy bottles every Christmas, we get to try scents without comitting to a larger bottle.  It works for our family and how we gift.