Contributor

Re: QVC owner Liberty Interactive buys HSN for $2.1 billion

I pay taxes on HSN orders.  I live a few miles from HSN headquarters in Florida.

Honored Contributor

Very, very sad to read that.  Can't bode well for HSN.  In so many ways, it's far superior to QVC.  Oh well, I guess all good things come to an end, it seems.

(My most recent example of HSN's generosity to customers was their Heidi Daus TS yesterday.  The necklace and pin set had a TS price of $129.95.  It's now listed as $279.95.  Can't recall QVC ever offering a great sale like that!!!!)

Sure hope QVC management doesn't have their IT folks take over at HSN!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

USA Today

HSN and QVC will continue to operate as individual brands, said QVC President, CEO Mike George...

Yeah, right......where have I heard that before?

I'm certain this is why Mindy Grossman left.  Same thing happened at the company I used to work for; things were changing with no explanation and then suddenly we were taken over by a new company.  And the "heads" at the top had all already found themselves new jobs at other companies (since they knew for nearly two years what was coming).

But every time we (by which I mean the peasants) asked what was going on, we were told "nothing..just realigning things to make the company more productive".  All we knew for sure was that we were losing benefits and having more micromanagement.  Turns out that was to "realign" us with the new company's harsher and less generous policies.

Honored Contributor

It would be fun if they have cross-over days - e.g. HSN hosts on QVC and vice versa.  Or if they pair one with the other on the same show - e.g. Shannon Smith with Jill Bauer.

Honored Contributor

Funny how everyone's baggin on QVC.

HSN's the one who's bailing a sinking ship.

Obviously their 'generous' practices partly caused them

to go out of business.  The upset should be directed

to HSN for leaving their loyal customer base.

QVC is/was/always will be far superior of the TV Shopping channels.

And this buyout proves that point. 

Trusted Contributor

I wonder what HSN hosts could be fired in this change.
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Funny how everyone's baggin on QVC.

HSN's the one who's bailing a sinking ship.

Obviously their 'generous' practices partly caused them

to go out of business.  The upset should be directed

to HSN for leaving their loyal customer base.

QVC is/was/always will be far superior of the TV Shopping channels.

And this buyout proves that point. 

HSN has had a rough couple of years.  Their sales fell 3% in 2016 and their net income was down 30%.  Sales and profits also fell in the first quarter of 2017. 

While I too appreciate free s/h and clearance prices, if I don't like the merchandise to begin with, that's not going to entice me.  I've not ordered anything from HSN in quite awhile because I've just not been thrilled with what I've seen and I find some of what goes on over there downright hokey and just not appealing. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know - it could be good for the consumer - increased buying power for them could mean lower prices and/or more interesting brands for the consumer.  I hope so.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

When Mindy Grossman left HSN for Weight Watchers, I had questioned whether something was going on and she saw writing on the wall that prompted her exit.

I wonder if this was it?  The article says HSN will be overseen by George, the current CEO of QVC. 

Imho, George has done a really fantastic job taking down QVC as it's definitely not the QVC, I've been accustomed to and enjoyed in years prior! Now he'll be rewarded to ruin another shopping channel. Guess he gets rewarded for extremely poor performance! So sad.Woman Sad

QVC Customer Care