Trusted Contributor

Outsourcing our factories has removed many jobs for people who do not have a higher education, & that’s not right.  You won’t need to sell stocks if you just buy less, too.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Kachina624 

I have a pair of those Denim and Company from their second show with Mary Beth Rowe.   I kid you not.  The ones with the stretch waist band,  they are the bomb.  If I remember they were 16.99 at the time.  Later on I bought a pair for mom, and they were not the same fabric.  I have t say  they do not wear out   I kept that pair because I use them to paint, they are huge on me now, but so comfy . How long has D& C  been selling on qvc?

@shoekitty 

D&C has been selling for a looooooooooong time...certainly when I came aboared probably around 15 years, probably longer....They used to have a separate casual line called Sport Savvy which I love and still wear pieces from that line...classic styles, well made, comfortable....they tried to do a current version of it...but its not quite the same.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt    Did you see the Balmorhea post with the picture of the pool?  That pool is quite extraordinary out in the middle of the desert.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    Did you see the Balmorhea post with the picture of the pool?  That pool is quite extraordinary out in the middle of the desert.

@Kachina624 

Yep, I saw the photos---interesting....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

It is annoying to me that it is almost impossible to find a top with a straight hem on QVC. I'm only 5 ft 2 and I don't want a top with the back that reaches halfway to my knees on a regular, not a tunic, top.

the hosts and vendors go on and on about how it covers the back area. That's not always a flattering look in my opinion. I want a top that fits, it doesn't need to flop over my rear.

In the winter, I bought some new pants and jackets from Talbots during their red tag sale. Very nice quality items and good prices. Of course if I had realized I was going to be trapped in my house from March until who knows when I might not have bought them. Oh well hopefully I'll have the chance/need to wear them again at some point.

Honored Contributor

QVC has more clothing items on sale now than it ever has.  New things are always high.  You have to shop the specials or you'll kick yourself later.  As someone mentioned, Lunchtime and Primetime Specials feature great deals.  There are also the Today Only prices, the Event Prices, etc.

I no longer risk it with the As Is stuff.  Great likelihood of receiving something gross.  Of course sometimes you can get something great.  

Regular Contributor

I agree...I was watching a shoe shopping show and was amazed at the prices of some of the offerings. I always thought Alegria and Vionic were a little pricey, but now they offer shoes at $160+ a pop.  Totally out of my price range, especially when I have never heard of the label. I have had a lot of probelms with Barefoot Dreams quality. I tend to buy the things that I am familiar with like Home Reflections, Clarks, Skechers, some Logo (all depending on price point and quality). I always check the Internet, if possible, for price comparisons. I agree Denim & Company then and now are totally off the charts. This used to be my go to brand...not anymore. Not only has it lost its quality and price, but the styles are pretty bland. The last three things I purchased, are on their way to Goodwill. I don't think QVC will change, current management doesn't know how. For me it's just a fond memory.