Occasional Contributor

I also have been a memeber since day one and customer  service have made so many mistakes on my orders and credit cards I am going to another shopping channel and coporate is rude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC out of touch

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

@Dinaki wrote:

QVC out of touch? I dont think so!

Okay then, what will happen to its prices when and if (God forbid), all clothes are made here in US? There are many people here that wants clothes made in US, start selling your stocks then to buy clothes and other items made in US.

Many of us will happily pay more to employ American workers.  I may only buy 1 or two items rather than three or four, and thats fine.  Most of us have more then we need IMO but I'll proudly wear my made in America clothing.  

Shoekitty said   Yes, I pay more for clothes Here in the states.  It isn't that much.  I do make use of sales.  Just got buy one get the second item half off, sale and clearance INCLUDED  sometimes I buy my Fall clothes now, and visa verse.  But it is so nice to take out new clothes the first cool day of Fall!   Most of the items I buy

are from Comfy USA, Chalet I, ...they are made in San Francisco  even the fabric!   Love it.  There are also many sustainable certified trade clothing brands like  Neon Buddha.  many clothing items are made  and shipped from Los Angeles.  Mecca for MIA clothing.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    Here's what I've discovered after examining the hundred or so D&C tees in my closet and studying the labels, all of which have the country of origin.

The tees which were priced at under $40. all come from some country other than China: most commonly Vietnam, Cambodia or Sri Lanka but others are also represented.

The tees priced usually $40 to $50., are commonly made in China, the price reflecting the tariff.  In style and quality they are indistinguishable from the other shirts.

I also have a plethora of woven button up shirts and they are mostly made in China.

I disagree with your assessment of the quality of Q clothing.  There are several lines I won't buy due to quality, but I don't think D&C or SG can be surpassed.  I've never lost a button off of these garments or had a seam ravel or rip out.  The sizing is spot-on.  I don't even try on my D&C until it's first wearing.

By the way, did you ever see the post I left you about Balmorhea State Park?  Everytime I did @+your name, it looked strange.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I have a pair of those Denim and Company from their second show with Mary Beth Rowe.   I kid you not.  The ones with the stretch waist band,  they are the bomb.  If I remember they were 16.99 at the time.  Later on I bought a pair for mom, and they were not the same fabric.  I have t say  they do not wear out   I kept that pair because I use them to paint, they are huge on me now, but so comfy . How long has D& C  been selling on qvc?

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty   The suspense is killing me....Denim & Co. WHAT?  Must be pants.  My earliest pair is an aqua checked gingham.  I still pull them out to wear at least once every summer.  I don't remember when D&C started.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like Lands End the best.  They run a lot of promo codes, including 50% off right now with promo code HOLIDAY.  I have LE clothes from years ago that still look like new and they cost a lot less than similar items on Q.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Rance46    Their prices have gone up but it’s good we have other places to shop.  It’s not going to get better.  Prices go up.  They don’t go down.    I shopped Nordstrom’s sale and found some great bargains.   Free and fast shipping and returns.   Better quality merchandise and great customer service.  I have even found some great bargains in HSN with faster shipping and faster refunds on returns.   

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac    I doubt most people would pay more to have things made in America.  It sounds good but it’s not going to happen.   It’s a waste of time and energy to wish for it

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC out of touch

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    Here's what I've discovered after examining the hundred or so D&C tees in my closet and studying the labels, all of which have the country of origin.

The tees which were priced at under $40. all come from some country other than China: most commonly Vietnam, Cambodia or Sri Lanka but others are also represented.

The tees priced usually $40 to $50., are commonly made in China, the price reflecting the tariff.  In style and quality they are indistinguishable from the other shirts.

I also have a plethora of woven button up shirts and they are mostly made in China.

I disagree with your assessment of the quality of Q clothing.  There are several lines I won't buy due to quality, but I don't think D&C or SG can be surpassed.  I've never lost a button off of these garments or had a seam ravel or rip out.  The sizing is spot-on.  I don't even try on my D&C until it's first wearing.

By the way, did you ever see the post I left you about Balmorhea State Park?  Everytime I did @+your name, it looked strange.

@Kachina624 

Strange....I did reply to your Balmorhea State Park post..(sometimes QVC's website acts up and doesnt highlight the name in blue)..Ive never been to Balmorhea ....we've been to Big Bend, Alpine, Marfa, and Fort Stockton, but never Balmorhea....looks interesting....maybe we will add it to our agenda....but it will have to wait for "fall" or "winter" since it gets too hot in West Texas in the summer....Thanks for the heads up...Woman Very Happy

I used to find D&C like you---good quality, perfect fit, but now thats not always the case WITH ME anyway---Some items are too big, or boxey, or too tight around the stomach...(I even wrote to Gary about it).  And there was one long sleeve shirt---that I returned the material was so thin and chintzy....and as I wrote in my review, "Ive seen better quality in Walmart clothes"....And a couple of items I returned that just didnt fit right......  I used to find that the clothes made in Vietnam were sometimes better than those made in China....I must say I have had good luck lately--with the 3 t-shirts I bought recently.......hopefully this is a GOOD sign and trend with D&C.....

In the last year, D&C is the only brand Ive continued to purchase from QVC...Dont like the other lines, they are way OVERPRICED....they all look the same anyway....And I HATE the styles (uneven hems, 3/4 sleeves, those that are tied....The only other line I trust is Linea and thats on so rarely now.... Isaacs line is way off for me in sizing....its too big or too small and sizing up and down doesnt work either....I got tired of returning....And this is Texas, I am sure the heck not going to layer or wear cardigans, jackets or long or 3/4 sleeves!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Teddixat 

Dillards has FABULOUS sales!!!  And I like Stein Mart too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”