Trusted Contributor

@queendiva Also, COSTCO. 

Excellent , quality casual clothes at very affordable prices.  That includes loungewear from Carole Hochman. 

I'm in a $15 loungewear 2-piece set that I bought 3 yrs ago to do my household chores today.  It looks as good as new.

Esteemed Contributor

@pdlinda : when my son was in HS & college Costco and Marshall's were his go-to stores for clothes shopping!

Going to Costco to pickup a prescription this week. I will take a look- thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Rance46 wrote:

What happened to QVC?  The prices are outrageous.  Denim & Co used to be their less expensive brand, now their prices rival LOGO.  And their activewear line Zuda, ridiculous.  I have watched QVC from the beginning and I am so disappointed with what the company has become.  Why do they think it is necessary to have a guest for each item? And, why are the same items constantly shown over and over? Where is the variety?  Most people I know aren't spending $70 to $100 on an item of clothing, which seems to be the average on QVC.  I just miss the QVC I grew up with. Just not the same.

They grow and change as you did.  You're not the same nor is QVC.  No business I know offers the same prices year after year after year.  If they are out of your line of budget, move on.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC out of touch

[ Edited ]

I have yet to purchase anything from the Q that was not good quality.  Everything I've purchased has made it through the years with no problem.  I also enjoy the lunchtime/prime time specials and sales.

Super Contributor

Wholeheartedly agree.  Boscov's is having some amazing sales this weekend online.  And free shipping at $59.  Win-win!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rance46 wrote:

What happened to QVC?  The prices are outrageous.  Denim & Co used to be their less expensive brand, now their prices rival LOGO.  And their activewear line Zuda, ridiculous.  I have watched QVC from the beginning and I am so disappointed with what the company has become.  Why do they think it is necessary to have a guest for each item? And, why are the same items constantly shown over and over? Where is the variety?  Most people I know aren't spending $70 to $100 on an item of clothing, which seems to be the average on QVC.  I just miss the QVC I grew up with. Just not the same.

@Rance46 

You've been a QVC customer far longer than I have, but I have also noticed a change in philosophy, quality, and price....I agree with you.....their prices are uncompetitive....And ALL retailers not just QVC pay tariffs so thats not a difference maker....

Yes, times have changed and unless retailers change with the times, they won't be around....see Sears....and others struggle---Macys, JCP.....Yet QVC seems content with maintaining the status quo .......

QVC needs to wake up and see what's going on in the retail world (and this started going on way before any pandemic)....all the high priced stores are in financial trouble..some are closing stores, some filing bankruptcy, and some have gone out of business---

Take a look---Lord & Taylor, Nordstroms, Abercrombie & Fitch, Chicos, Eddie Bauer, J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Kering (Gucci's parent Co)......and more....

Oh Yes, some QVC customers will continue to buy the $60 on up clothing, but are sales enough to keep them in good financial standing going forward....thats the question....and add to it....poor quality on SOME items and inconsistent sizing...just explains why apparel was the most talked about in the last few quarters financial news conferences....sales have declined....Facts don't lie! 

And for me a lack of variety....if one QVC line does uneven hems, maxi dresses, ties/wraps etc etc ....then ALL Q's lines follow suit, so if a customer doesnt like a certain fad or trend QVC is not their option because you cant really tell one clothing line from another these days..... no variety for those that prefer modern classics or other styles....

QVC needs to wake up and smell the coffee (and I dont mean Keurig)..... Im cutting QVC some slack right now due to the pandemic where vendors/manufacturers may  impact QVC's current offerings ....BUT they need to make some changes in order to improve their financial outlook....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 My casual wardrobe is filled with D&Co pieces too. Despite price increases, this brand is worth it for its quality fabrics and workmanship, and I continue to purchase selectively. I agree with you that it’s a quality product for the price. Their recent capris offering at $60 is where I say “no, it’s not happening for me.” I hope this is a one off and not the direction they are going.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@Rance46 wrote:

They grow and change as you did.  You're not the same nor is QVC.  No business I know offers the same prices year after year after year.  If they are out of your line of budget, move on.

@rms1954 

Whereas even places like Dillards changed prices from $28 to $33....QVC raised their prices from $36 to $49 from $59 to and $70 and higher....a big difference!!!  

So what your advocating is to encourage customers to walk away from QVC and how is that helping to improve QVC's financial outlook......their financial reports already show declines in sales/revenues for the last few years...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is just my opinion that everything has gone up, everywhere.  Amazon, Target, my local grocery store.  Even items I buy regularly at Costco have gone up, except rotisserie chicken and their hot dogs.  No kidding.  I think in this pandemic  and tariffs war with China most items have gone up.

i haven't shopped QVC on TV since 2000.  I do shop online.  The prices are higher yes.  Do we get anymore for that money? No, the bottom line has been raised.  The price QVC buys goods is higher.  People don't always realize what has been done in  the tariffs imposed on our goods.  We pay  more, not only that  it has made some items more scare than we would like

there are many upsides to shopping QVC.  Convenience, they are honest.you pretty much know what you will get, and what will happen if you don't want the item your ordered.

i am not fond of most of the clothing style,, but for many people they offer the colors, style and sizes they need.  In conventional stores most of the good stuff cuts sizing off at at large or a small XL. That leaves out 1/2 to 3/4 of our population.    There are some styles they have they  don't promote,  but are available if you scour  the site.  I am kind of an artsy, eclectic clothing style, and I do buy  USA clothing as a rule.  But I am known to cross over for a good Logo piece.

you get what you pay for isn't always true these days.  You can see 3 tee shirts priced at 100, 50 and 20 dollars.  They could all be the same shirt...with a different designer tag slapped on.  A target tee can wear as well or better than one from saks

Esteemed Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

QVC out of touch? I dont think so!

Okay then, what will happen to its prices when and if (God forbid), all clothes are made here in US? There are many people here that wants clothes made in US, start selling your stocks then to buy clothes and other items made in US.

Many of us will happily pay more to employ American workers.  I may only buy 1 or two items rather than three or four, and thats fine.  Most of us have more then we need IMO but I'll proudly wear my made in America clothing.