New Contributor

What happened to QVC?  The prices are outrageous.  Denim & Co used to be their less expensive brand, now their prices rival LOGO.  And their activewear line Zuda, ridiculous.  I have watched QVC from the beginning and I am so disappointed with what the company has become.  Why do they think it is necessary to have a guest for each item? And, why are the same items constantly shown over and over? Where is the variety?  Most people I know aren't spending $70 to $100 on an item of clothing, which seems to be the average on QVC.  I just miss the QVC I grew up with. Just not the same.

Respected Contributor

qprice.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

@Rance46: How long has it been since you've watched QVC? Prices have been on the rise for quite some time now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Rance46 wrote:

What happened to QVC?  The prices are outrageous.  Denim & Co used to be their less expensive brand, now their prices rival LOGO.  And their activewear line Zuda, ridiculous.  I have watched QVC from the beginning and I am so disappointed with what the company has become.  Why do they think it is necessary to have a guest for each item? And, why are the same items constantly shown over and over? Where is the variety?  Most people I know aren't spending $70 to $100 on an item of clothing, which seems to be the average on QVC.  I just miss the QVC I grew up with. Just not the same.

-----------------

I agree and was just thinking that yesterday!  The people I know that are spending 100 dollars or more on clothing and accessories are not shopping at QVC!!

Respected Contributor

I have stated this fact countless times--if you buy something brand new when it is first introduced and you have to have it, you will be paying the highest price it will ever be!

Every day the lunch time and prime time specials feature countless numbers of clothes at EXTREMELY reasonable prices!  I buy clothes there for less than $9.00 sometimes.

A few times a year QVC has great clearance specials, usually to clear out that season of clothes, and I have picked up some real bargains, like IM cashmere at give-away prices.  I always wait for those opportunities.

I have a great wardrobe from QVC and I have never felt like I have overpaid for any of  my clothes.

(Now the jewelry is another story.)

Honored Contributor

I find that QVC sells Denim & Co., a quality, well-made product, at a very fair price and one which is less than other comparable cataloguers or online sites.  The garments made in China are subject to tariffs, which we pay, so that adds about $10 to what would otherwise be a $40 garment.  I see very few D&C items in the price range of Logo items.  I'm quite happy with my casual wardrobe of D&C pieces and the convenience of being able to shop from home.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't mind paying that much for a good quality item but QVC doesn't have anything even close to worth that. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Rance46 : time to venture back to B&M when they reopen.

Target and WM have not closed. I got some great, wearable pieces for spring & summer from both places. Not denim, but pants, Ts and dresses at sale or clearance prices. 100% cotton tees-$7.00. All items between $3.00 and $15.00 (dress).

I also shop here, almost entirely LTS; sometimes clearance . On the rare occasion I buy clothing at full price I am OK with it. I am not shopping here for recreation.

I consider myself a high-low girl when it comes to my wardrobe. It's all about how you rock a look and knowing what your shopping options are. QVC is hardly the only game in town.

Honored Contributor

I only buy clothing items from QVC when they are on sale.  Even though I could, I would never pay $40+ for a simple top that I can get at Macy's--Karen Scott, Charter Club, JM brands--for half of what the Q charges for a similar item.  Fortunately, we have choices!

Trusted Contributor

QVC out of touch? I dont think so!

Okay then, what will happen to its prices when and if (God forbid), all clothes are made here in US? There are many people here that wants clothes made in US, start selling your stocks then to buy clothes and other items made in US.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece